• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dia

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2008
www.imagesbydia.com
I was at publix yesterday and i asked 3 employees about this incident and none had heard of it. this story sounds like bs.what distrubed me about this whole story is how fast it went from getting justice to calling a lawyer and sueing.

I don't know the Tillerjeff, but after reading his post - I was at Publix the next day & asked the manager if she had heard about this. She had & confirmed everything that Tillerjeff had posted here. She said that the police had called & requested any security video that they had.

chefed

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Pt. Washington
I was at publix yesterday and i asked 3 employees about this incident and none had heard of it. this story sounds like bs.what distrubed me about this whole story is how fast it went from getting justice to calling a lawyer and sueing.

Was there when it happened. Had to go around the sheriff's cars to get to a parking spot while statements were being taken.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Ditto. we were inside publix when it happened, but saw the victim, paramedics, police, witnesses, etc. right at the entrance when we went to our car - have been following this thread ever since in order to get updates.

Tillerjeff

Beach Lover
May 7, 2009
Midwal, near the water
i'm not trying to be mean with this post, but with three other people coming forward to say the saw and or spoke with an employee of publix, i have you ask both of you, ray, 30A Skunkape, is there any reason why you two believe this story is bullish?

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
This thread has been viewed over 3,200 times with only 95 responses to here. I guarantee you there are a whole bunch of people doing this :popcorn: including me.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
This thread has been viewed over 3,200 times with only 95 responses to here. I guarantee you there are a whole bunch of people doing this :popcorn: including me.

I know I am...:popcorn:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
i'm not trying to be mean with this post, but with three other people coming forward to say the saw and or spoke with an employee of publix, i have you ask both of you, ray, 30A Skunkape, is there any reason why you two believe this story is bullish?

Don't be too concerned about it Tillerjeff. Those of us like Skunky who have been around awhile have seen trolls come and go. Since your first post was related to this incident, and there have been weeks without any kind of resolution for you, and it hasn't been in any of the local papers, it was reasonable for some to be suspicious about the story. But now that other non-newbies have stepped up to corroborate, I doubt that anyone is doubting you at the moment.

What remains confusing to all of us, I am sure, is the seeming lack of action or progress on this case. I just don't get it. :dunno:

Glad your knee is feeling better. :wave:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

I now believe it to be true. As promised, I will help you out. Below is an emial I have sent to Ron Kelley, the editor of the Defuniak Herald/Beach Breeze:

Dear Mr Kelley:

A local man was chased into the WaterColor Publix parking lot on May 7, 2009 after he swerved to miss a truck that turned in front of him. The young man was on a motorcycle, and he was chased by the driver of the truck that pulled out in front of him. The driver of the truck intentionally struck the motorcyclist not once, but twice in the Publix parking lot. Walton County Sheriff's deputies took a report of the incident.

Currently the case has been turned over to a detective and no arrests have been made even though the tag of the truck is known and an owner identified.

I am disappointed that your publication has not covered this incident although it is being heavily discussed on the SOWAL forum, and I know material is occasionally mined from that source. I am also concerned that so much time has elapsed between the time of the incident and an arrest being made. It is inexcusable to allow an attempted murderer to roam at large on our streets, and perhaps if your publication demonstrates interest, there may be motivation to move the case closer to resolution.

The forum discussion can be found by following this link: http://www.sowal.com/bb/all-about-sowal/35511-hit-run-watercolor-publix-parking-lot.html
The police report can be found in post #89, and this should provide one of your reporters all the information needed to compose an interesting article.

Thank you for your time.

You now have the media on your side. If they don't pursue this story, there is something seriously awry.:wave: