• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Althea352

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say Hi! I grew up a short 2 hours away from SoWal and have always LOVED it. Everyone has that place they go for inspiration and to "recharge" and SoWal has always been that place for me!

In a few short weeks I'll be graduating from the University of Georgia and I'm starting to look toward the next chapter in my life. I'd love nothing more than for SoWal to become a part of it. So, rather than studying for my exam tomorrow morning, I'm procrastinating by searching leases, jobs, etc. I found this forum and thought I'd join. Even if this move isn't in my immediate future, I figured that it still wouldn't hurt to know what's going on when I do visit.

Other than that -- I love being outside, seeing live music, traveling, meeting new and exciting people, and learning about anything and everything I can! OH, and I'll go ahead and apologize in advance -- I'm on a few different forums here and there across the tronz so please forgive me if I err in any posts....it may take me a minute to get acquainted with this one and how everything works....

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
:welcome:

Although job searching may not be the best thing to do in this area.

Althea352

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks for the welcome you guys! And yes, the job search is rough -- I picked a fabulous time to graduate but won't be moving anywhere until I have one in place. Fingers crossed, though!

WoolyFSU

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2009
Old Grove
:welcome: Welcome to the forum and hopefully someday to SoWal! I've often seen Athens as a place like sowal, except on an opposite schedule. The fall up there is like summers down here, lots of people, lots of excitement, lots of energy; but when you take away all the students (aka tourists) its still a place full of amazing sights, sounds, people, and even serene.

You said you like music and Athens is one of the best places in the country for it. You ever heard of a band called "The Incredible Sandwich" from Athens? They're from up there but have made their way down here a few times, in fact I housed them for a week down here last March and we've become good friends since. That's one of the great things about sowal, you never know who's going to stumble through town at any given time.

I dont know what kind of job/work you're looking for, but I heard that Seaside may be looking for a new Merchants of Seaside events liason/coordinator. Maybe someone on the forum knows more about it, but one of the key responsibilities is booking music for the Wed night concerts and other special events that Seaside plays host to. It may be worth looking into as it literally just happend. Beyond that, theres always plenty of jobs down here starting in the spring that if nothing else provide at least one last escape from the real world before you get sucked in. I'm a relatively recent college grad who spent two years working at the Hilton down here trying to figure out what I wanted after college, and strangely enough it found me. Fortunately it allowed me to stay here so you never know.

I wish you luck on your endeavors and a warm welcome to the forum. You'll find the people here to be sincerely helpful should you ever need anything, so let us know.

Chatwin

Beach Crab
Dec 11, 2010
hello . . . !!!
i am also new here , and this is my first post in this forum . . . :D
i am at the service to this community and serve my best . . . !!!
hope i will find myself comfortable here . . . !!!
have a nice day all and KEEP SMILING . . . :D

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
:welcome: To both of you.