• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
FYI--

The large home on Western Lake that went pending recently actually closed today. The sales price was $3 million. It had been on the market on and off for about a year at prices as high as $4.2 mill but most of the time at $3.6 mill. It sold for $3.0 million to the guy with the house right next door. Maybe he will buy me one next. :rotfl:

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
Tenn.Guy said:
FYI--

The large home on Western Lake that went pending recently actually closed today. The sales price was $3 million. It had been on the market on and off for about a year at prices as high as $4.2 mill but most of the time at $3.6 mill. It sold for $3.0 million to the guy with the house right next door. Maybe he will buy me one next. :rotfl:

We're on Western Lake. Any pictures of the property that sold? Very curious. :dunno:

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
kurt said:
WaterColor?

Guess that's the location of the house that just sold. I forget about the new developments to the east..... :cool: I still remember when there was just Grayton, Seagrove and Blue Mountain. There wasn't even an "old" Grayton 'cause there was no "new" Grayton. :roll:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
384531_093058.jpg

You talking about this house? It is not scheduled to close until 7/31/05. Perhaps it closed early, but no sign of it yet.

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
Oops--the house I mentioned is definitely the one posted by Joe.

I went through the open house a while back. It is a great house with awesome views of Western Lake and the dunes on the ocean.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Tenn.Guy said:
Oops--the house I mentioned is definitely the one posted by Joe.

I went through the open house a while back. It is a great house with awesome views of Western Lake and the dunes on the ocean.
That house did close on July 25, and it is entered as selling at full price of $3.6M :D

Tenn.Guy

Beach Comber
Jul 25, 2005
A friend of the sellers told me directly that the home sold "somewhat" below listing price. The $3.0 million figure came from another friend that apparently heard it from someone in the listing brokers office after the closing occurred. I guess we will know for sure when Walton County posts closing data for the month of July on its website. Not a bad return--I think they paid $1.4 million for the home in early 2004 according to the Walton County records.

Any more big dollar homes gone pending along 30-A recently?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Tenn.Guy said:
A friend of the sellers told me directly that the home sold "somewhat" below listing price. The $3.0 million figure came from another friend that apparently heard it from someone in the listing brokers office after the closing occurred. I guess we will know for sure when Walton County posts closing data for the month of July on its website. Not a bad return--I think they paid $1.4 million for the home in early 2004 according to the Walton County records.

Any more big dollar homes gone pending along 30-A recently?

The gulf front homes and condos were selling before Dennis. Now I assume it will depend on how much of a buffer they have left. All things equal, discounting any downward pressures or trends, the properties that are set further back are sure to have greater demand. The supply of those properties just nosedived.