1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Home on Western Lake sold

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by Tenn.Guy, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Tenn.Guy

Tenn.Guy Beach Comber

FYI--

The large home on Western Lake that went pending recently actually closed today. The sales price was $3 million. It had been on the market on and off for about a year at prices as high as $4.2 mill but most of the time at $3.6 mill. It sold for $3.0 million to the guy with the house right next door. Maybe he will buy me one next. :floor:

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

We're on Western Lake. Any pictures of the property that sold? Very curious. :idontno:

3. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Beach Lover

Guess that's the location of the house that just sold. I forget about the new developments to the east..... :cool: I still remember when there was just Grayton, Seagrove and Blue Mountain. There wasn't even an "old" Grayton 'cause there was no "new" Grayton. :roll:

5. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  6. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

[​IMG]
    You talking about this house? It is not scheduled to close until 7/31/05. Perhaps it closed early, but no sign of it yet.

7. Tenn.Guy

Tenn.Guy Beach Comber

Oops--the house I mentioned is definitely the one posted by Joe.

I went through the open house a while back. It is a great house with awesome views of Western Lake and the dunes on the ocean.

8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

That house did close on July 25, and it is entered as selling at full price of $3.6M :D

9. Tenn.Guy

Tenn.Guy Beach Comber

A friend of the sellers told me directly that the home sold "somewhat" below listing price. The $3.0 million figure came from another friend that apparently heard it from someone in the listing brokers office after the closing occurred. I guess we will know for sure when Walton County posts closing data for the month of July on its website. Not a bad return--I think they paid $1.4 million for the home in early 2004 according to the Walton County records.

Any more big dollar homes gone pending along 30-A recently?

10. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

The gulf front homes and condos were selling before Dennis. Now I assume it will depend on how much of a buffer they have left. All things equal, discounting any downward pressures or trends, the properties that are set further back are sure to have greater demand. The supply of those properties just nosedived.

11. wetwilly

wetwilly Beach Fanatic

Not real big $$ but I saw one pending at Water's Edge in Seacrest Beach listed at $1.850M. Not many on the market outside of Seaside, WC and WS in Seagrove proper.

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

The MLS data entry is only as good as the person inputting the data, so it would not supprise me if it sold at a different price than entered in the MLS.