• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Okay all you beach entertainers, I need your help. A longtime dream of mine is going to be realized October 3rd. Our close group of buddies (5 couples) from home are vacationing with us for 5 days!!

I would love to know what has worked for you...and what has backfired!
Any surefire group breakfast pleasers? Appetizers for sunset on the beach?

Note: several people do NOT eat fish or seafood. Bummer!

I hope to have it all organized and appear effortless...also part of that longtime dream! :rotfl:

bluemtnfriend

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2005
Tennessee
A good quick appetizer.

One large block of Cream Cheese, not fat free
Cover with red pepper jelly, serve with assorted crackers

A good dip relish kind of thing

i pkg. frozen corn, cook 7 minutes, drain, and cool
l small block cream cheese softened
1 can sliced black olives
several green onions chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
spinkle of chili powder
some fresh cilantro
1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained

Add the cumin and chili powder to the softened cream cheese, add olives, onions, rotel and cilantro. Stir in corn and let flavors develope about an hour, serve with tortilla chips.

Beach Bimmer

Beach Fanatic
May 2, 2006
South Walton
Bring 'em all to Fired Up for paint-your-own pottery fun! Great way to create memories of having such good friends together in SoWal...

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Baked Blue Berry French Toast
(Sometimes I don't use the blueberries or the pecans...depending on my guests taste)

a 24-inch baguette
6 large eggs
3 cups whole milk
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pecans (about 3 ounces)
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) plus
1 teaspoon unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries (about 12 ounces) For syrup
1 cup blueberries (about 6 ounces)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cut twenty 1-inch slices from baguette and arrange in one layer in baking dish. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, vanilla, and 3/4 cup brown sugar and pour evenly over bread. Chill mixture, covered, until all liquid is absorbed by bread, at least 8 hours, and up to 1 day.
Preheat oven to 350?F.
In a shallow baking pan spread pecans evenly and toast in middle of oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Toss pecans in pan with 1 teaspoon butter and salt.
Increase temperature to 400?F.
Sprinkle pecans and blueberries evenly over bread mixture. Cut 1/2 stick butter into pieces and in a small saucepan heat with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, stirring, until butter is melted. Drizzle butter mixture over bread and bake mixture 20 minutes, or until any liquid from blueberries is bubbling.
Make syrup while French toast is baking:
In a small saucepan cook blueberries and maple syrup over moderate heat until berries have burst, about 3 minutes. Pour syrup through a sieve into a heatproof pitcher, pressing on solids, and stir in lemon juice. Syrup may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Reheat syrup before serving. Serve French toast with syrup.

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Sausage & Egg Casserole

1 lb sausage (Jimmy Dean Regular is the best..or use hot if you like a little spice)
6 slices bread, I use hearty white or regular white...wheat is too sweet for me)
1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
6 Eggs well beaten
2 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard

Fry sausage , breaking it up as it cooks. Drain and cool. Cut bread into small cubes and layer in a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle sausage on top and then cheese. Add the milk to the beaten eggs, add salt & mustard. Whisk well and pour evenly over casserole. Cover and let sit in the frig overnight...or at least an hour.
Uncover and bake at 350 about 30-45 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy!
This is also good to use through out the week as breakfast for rushed school kids or busy moms! If you are on low card...omit the bread. You can also use diced ham instrad of sausage, and add other ingredients...onion, mushrooms, peppers.
Also good served with warmed up salsa on the side.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Allifunn, Does the sausage and egg caserolle reheat very well? i.e. if I were to take it to work to share, how does it do reheated in microwave?
Aprox. how many will it serve (not big eaters)? Thanks.

hill

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2006
Panama City Beach, FL
:razz: This is always a good recipe among my friends and family. So good, you cant just have one dip!

REDNECK CAVIAR

1 Can of Black eyed Peas
1 Can of White Corn
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can of Chick Peas
1 Can of Rotel Tomatoes (Regular)
1 bunch of green onions
1 small onion
1 small bottle of your favorite Italian dressing
Salt & Pepper

Open and and drain all cans of vegetables. Chop green onions into small peices(just the green part). Dice Onion. Combine all ingredients in a big bowl, add entire bottle of dressing and salt & pepper to taste (more pepper than salt cause its already salty from the dressing) Serve with Corn chips (Frito's scoops are best)

This can be served right away but its best if it is refrigerated for a few hours prior. ENJOY!

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Allifunn, Does the sausage and egg caserolle reheat very well? i.e. if I were to take it to work to share, how does it do reheated in microwave?
Aprox. how many will it serve (not big eaters)? Thanks.

It reheats VERY well in the micro....It serves about 8 people with nice sized pieces. I usually make it for my son, cut it up into pieces and he eats it for breakfast every morning...fast and filling!