• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
All good things must come to an end and all good things must have a beginning. I am always open to change and new experiences. Though I admit I can't imagine a more radical change on a street corner.

The Snappy Turtle (apparel) has opened in the old bank building. The lot next to it on the north side has been cleared for new parking. The current parking on Scenic 30A will be lost to the new building which will house the restaurant.

20554_335021729973_335020314973_4639545_3990752_n.jpg
We had guests this weekend and stopped in the Snappy Turtle (in the old bank bldg) The comment my friends made was "Oh no, this is just Seagrove's version of Alvin's Island!! Who let them in?"

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We had guests this weekend and stopped in the Snappy Turtle (in the old bank bldg) The comment my friends made was "Oh no, this is just Seagrove's version of Alvin's Island!! Who let them in?"

Word on the street is that you no longer have to drive to Alvin's Island to purchase hermit crabs. ;-)

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
You are not the only one...........

i just can't picture a contemporary building along 30a in the seagrove area. it reminds me of what was done to the front section of seaside where cafe rendezvous was, etc. you have wonderful cottages with character, and you stick a giant contemporary stucco/concrete building in front of all of it. why couldn't the developers of hotel viridian design something that would reflect the old beach town character of seagrove? this is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
i just can't picture a contemporary building along 30a in the seagrove area. it reminds me of what was done to the front section of seaside where cafe rendezvous was, etc. you have wonderful cottages with character, and you stick a giant contemporary stucco/concrete building in front of all of it. why couldn't the developers of hotel viridian design something that would reflect the old beach town character of seagrove? this is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I might feel the same way if I hadn't been to Siena. I like Sundog Books building, which is classic and fits in better I suppose. But when it comes down to it I like variety. I like funky. I like giant purple buildings. :lol:

Not that it's any of my business, but why are there two Snappy Turtles within a mile of each other? One next to Seagrove Market Cafe and one near Cocoon's.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Kind of doubt it's for that, you'd have to pretty stupid to ride out a hurricane on the coast in a basement.

Ah the old Ritz-Carlton is coming to town rumor. :D

Sorry, I never came back to this thread until today. Yeah, a basement is not the same as a poured concrete refuge room. I am still amazed about this underground parking.

Don't even bother with condo-hotel

Condo-hotels ... ugh -- and at $1,000 per square foot! I marvel at the consummate gullibility of a trusting, easily exploitable and greedy American consumer.

While I don't offer guarantees, I'm going to make an exception in your case and give you an outright guaranteed maybe that today's value of this condo-hotel in Las Vegas will be a heck of a lot less when you try to sell that property six months or a year later. I will also give you an absolute guaranteed maybe that your interest costs, insurance expenses, maid service, condo fees, real estate taxes and maintenance can exceed, by orders of magnitude, the rental income you want to believe you will earn.

Just reading this. Reminds me of the four cottages we bought at Callaway Gardens in Georgia. Callaway Gardens management (required) took so much money that we barely broke even. We finally sold the cottages at a loss.:bang: