• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
We are self managed and had a great year last year but this year seems to be taking a slow start, especially for Spring Break? Anyone else experiencing a slow booking season for Spring Break? When is the big booking time for Spring Break? Our home is usually occupied with repeat guests and maybe I am in that transition year where the guests schedules are not working out to come or there SB is very early are the weather is questionable? What has been your experiences so far?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Mine are not good. I have had no problems in the past and now??? I get inquiries and then poof they are gone.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
We are self managed and had a great year last year but this year seems to be taking a slow start, especially for Spring Break? Anyone else experiencing a slow booking season for Spring Break? When is the big booking time for Spring Break? Our home is usually occupied with repeat guests and maybe I am in that transition year where the guests schedules are not working out to come or there SB is very early are the weather is questionable? What has been your experiences so far?

This week has seen a little activity. Nothing so far has panned out. I had one that was highly offended when I asked how many people would occupy my home and that I would charge her extra for heating my pool.

I honestly detest trying to screen people for Spring Break. :bang:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
GGTBM, if you are ever suspicious of your renters in Seacrest. Let me know and I can check on it for you....

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
Mine are not good. I have had no problems in the past and now??? I get inquiries and then poof they are gone.

That is what I am seeing. I am getting inquiries and then I respond back with an email and phone call and speak in length and then they are gone. We have been self renting for about 5 years and I have never not had most of my SB filled or at least 3/4 of them by now. Now, my summer has filled up quicker this year than last year as I already have 6 weeks booked. I have had good luck with SB's so I hope things pick up.