• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
We are semi-locals and have a contract for spraying for bugs every 3 months and in between if we need it.

We sprayed the first week of July most recently and came in a few days ago and have seen huge beetles, spiders etc... I might add this is a newly built home in the last year, so not sure if this makes a difference or not.

I realize Florida is full of insects. Should I just keep extra spray on hand for when we come in so that we can do a quick do once over? I hate to come for a relaxing visit and have to wait on the bug guy to come.

Thanks everyone!

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
haha - in Florida every day. :lol:

I think monthly is normal.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
If you have regular pest control, most pest control companies spray quarterly on the outside and rarely come inside unless they are specifically asked to do so. I have mine done inside and out on a quarterly basis and rarely find a live bug, but will still find dead ones that have made their way in before they die. Palmetto bugs and cockroaches are particularly tough to keep out entirely if you have any small openings around plumbing, doors, or other exterior openings. To kill spiders, they generally have to be direct sprayed. When I lived here part time, I pre-arranged to have the pest control done on the inside each time I was here. When I wasn't here, they sprayed exterior only. Unless you get really lucky, be prepared to vacuum dead bags each time you come, especially when we have high heat and/or lots of rain. Takes some getting used to if you are from someplace that isn't a bug heaven!