• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Camp Creek Kid said:
Just wondering what led everyone to this message board.
Found it one time looking for rentals, have to admit at that point I didn't even notice the message board. :blush: Then my sis--lucky13--mentioned she'd been lurking, so I looked and registered before she did! :razz:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Found the site right before we left for Columbia, MO for Parent's Weekend during Ivan. I spent much time logged on the Stoney Creek Inn's computer waiting for news. Then, I just lurked early in the am, until............I joined and stared posting and I can't stop!!!!!

P.S. I dance alot around my house...fully clothed.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Sueshore said:
Found the site right before we left for Columbia, MO for Parent's Weekend during Ivan. I spent much time logged on the Stoney Creek Inn's computer waiting for news. Then, I just lurked early in the am, until............I joined and stared posting and I can't stop!!!!!

P.S. I dance alot around my house...fully clothed.

Not what HMM told me!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
peapod1980 said:
Hey, Mama, any plans to visit your baby boy at school any time soon?

Not at this time. I would like to go in the Spring since I have been up there three times in the Fall. He is flying home Friday and I am so excited! Molly is going to go bonkers when she sees him!!!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I found Sowal.com by Googling for pictures of the area. Because I get so homesick and want to see some of the beauty. So, started finding pix of Kurt's and one thing led to the other. Then, Ivan, vacation plans, Dennis, etc. I have many other friends that lurk but are not registered.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Picked up a sticker at the Grayton Market and just started lurking too at first. It is definitely an addiction! :dunno:

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
After Ivan and before Google Earth, we were dependent upon good samaritans like Kurt and this Web site for news of our house. Kurt had always done our virtual tour, so we became aware of the site while navigating around that. No family member could get across the Bay Bridge to check things out post-Ivan. What a relief to get Kurt's call and the Board post. The pictures were awesome to behold. Since then, we have also appreciated field observations from Smilin' Joe, after Dennis. But my best times on this board have been reading what a loyal following our South Walton beaches have from nice people from all over---universally loved and cared for.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Googling Grayton Beach and the State Park I think. Lurked and posted a little on graytonbeach.com.

I think the community feeling I get from this board is amazing. I feel connected and want to be able to do things for SoWal and anxiously await our time to be considered locals. I so hope the changes between now and then do not affect the area negatively.