• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Quit fishing off the shore earlier this summer due to all the June grass and hoopla with the oil spill. I'd like to get a few more days in before the weather turns and the water is too cold. Can anyone give an update on conditions? Thanks.

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Thanksgiving weekend and I have some time free.... forget the Black Friday sales, I want to do some fishing. Looking for any good bite either in the surf or the bay. Recommendations?

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Anyone fishing off the beach yet?

If anyone's fishing off the beach yet, how's the bite? Is the water still too cold for pompano? If yes, what else is hitting and on what? Thanks for the update.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Surface temp is about 57 degrees right now. Haven't been going myself yet. Spoke with a local this weekend who's always out whether there's a bite or not and he hasn't caught a fish in quite a while.

Did see bait balls last Friday and so am hopeful it won't be long. I'll be posting when the bite does start.

I just wish I could have some kind of confidence that I might be able to eat what I catch. Thanks BP for screwing up my appetite! :bang:

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Thanks. Any update?

Surface temp is about 57 degrees right now. Haven't been going myself yet. Spoke with a local this weekend who's always out whether there's a bite or not and he hasn't caught a fish in quite a while.

Did see bait balls last Friday and so am hopeful it won't be long. I'll be posting when the bite does start.

I just wish I could have some kind of confidence that I might be able to eat what I catch. Thanks BP for screwing up my appetite! :bang:

Thanks, Ash. Any updates on what's biting? As for the oil spill and food safety, the FDA has declared Gulf seafood safe to eat. I don't suspect there are any more chemicals/contamination in fish caught off our shores than there is in all the rest of the genetically engineered and artificially feed meat and poultry we find in our markets today.