• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

[SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
So sorry, Geo. They love us unconditionally and break our hearts. Sweet Pea, Cowboy and I send you extra doses of love and licks, too. :sosad: I found the Rainbow Bridge when The General died. I hope you find peace and comfort!

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
For me it is their vulnerability---so dependent on we human to do right by them---to love, feed, stroke and be there for them. they can never say wha tis wrong or tell us how they feel other than a wag, lick or following our every demand. Yes, they love unconditionally, but if we are smart, we love them back the same way, in spite of their imperfect ways. They give undconditionally but more importantly teach us how to give back in the same way....a powerful two way love.

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words...cry, mourn, weep....then celebrate their life with photos and memorials. It is very ok to hurt right now. Don't try to stop it---let it go. I have been thru it several times---some expected---some not, and each time it rips my heart out. The losses mount one upon the other and seem to hurt even more with each new passing........but after time a healing begins and I know it is time to share my life with another. With pets we are allowed to be what we can not be with people, ourselves.

A great book on grieving that helped me the first time I really lost a baby pet is Angel Paws, Reflections on the Loss of a Beloved Pet. It really helped me know it is ok to grieve the passing of a treasured companion. It reflects that this pain has a very long history, going back centuries, not a new phenomenon to the modern man. Somehow there was comfort in that for me-----if other lived thru it then surely I can too. Read the poems, the stories, written even from the pet's point of view. You will find comfort.

My heart to you. Love in pet speak.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Geo, we are so sorry to hear of your loss.

Having lost our Miss Smoothie earlier this year, we definitely your pain -- it was the hardest thing either one of us have ever dealt with. Can't say that it really gets any easier --- but you have to just keep moving forward and honor their memory -- they wouldn't want you to be sad all the time. Your baby will always be with you in spirit.

One of the things that we did that seemed to at least help us remember all the good times was to make a slideshow of all the photos we could find of the old girl -- we use this slideshow as our screensaver. Sometimes we just sit and watch it ... it's bittersweet ... but for some reason it just seems to help. It's nice to walk into the office and see a photo of her --- makes us smile. One of the bohemians also did a life sized painting of Miss Smoothie while she was still with us ... it was a photo of her running and smiling ... it's a pleasant memory.

We're sending you much love and light.
~peace & blessings~

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
D10_Sympathy_1.jpg

I don't know if you can read this very well. It says
"The life ends, but never the relationship."

Having lost many pets, I thank you for sharing your story with us. It helps heal to have support from others. My dear old dad always told me, "Lala (my family name) you might as well prepare to have your heart broken the moment you get a pet."

:love: G

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Hang in there Geo and take your time. Dogs just do something to us. Even when they are ticking you off you can't imagine being without them. Don't let anyone tell you to go get another dog. I didn't go out and get a new dad when my father died, why would anyone think you can just "replace" your best companion.

After a year I did find Ozzy at a shelter and brought him home with me and love him dearly but 5 years later, anytime I make popcorn I am still expecting to hear Pepper's little "woo woo woo" and see her run into the kitchen.