• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
I debated about posting this but under the circumstances I am hoping it may help. My husband owns a Hardware store here in Atlanta and has been shipping and sending all kinds of items to families in need from the hurricane. We own a home in Seagrove and are going to be coming down there over Columbus day weekend, if anyone needs anything brought down we would be more than happy to bring items. He just bought the ace warehouse out of all gas cans and generators so he is stocked up. He told me to give his number out and you can contact him directly. His number is 404-391-5845. That is his cell number. If you can't reach him at that number call 770-939-6842 and ask for Harold.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Re: Hurrican Items

Good Job, Kim!!! And Harold!!! Watch out for the scammers, they're already out! Find out where that generator, etc is going to go, what its going to be used for, and get lots of picture id. After you're done handing things out make a run by the local pawn shops and also check how many are listed for sale in the paper. Write down the model and serial number of each unit. We're using one of those disposable cameras to take their picture standing beside the goods received, that seems to run off all but the most brazen theives.

Last edited:

Kim Smith

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Re: Hurrican Items

He hasn't had that problem yet, but thanks for the warning. Most of the people are driving up and buying them and taking them with back with them or someone going down there is picking things up and taking them down. What they are doing with them after they leave the store, he doesn't know. He just hopes its not like the looters who are trying to sell them at huge prices to those in need. He had someone yesterday come in and buy 70 big gas cans. He did not have a chance to talk with them so he doesn't know if they were for here in Atlanta or if someone was taking them down to the hurrican areas. Thanks for the reply.