• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Some photos from this morning:
http://www.sowal.com/photos-082805.html

DSC_5388.jpg

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Great pics as usual. The surf in the pictures really shows how agitated the gulf is and SoWal beaches are quite a ways east of NOLA and it is still 24+ hours before landfall.

Thanks again for the info and the pics. Is it my imagination or by the look on his face that boy knows what is coming ashore? :bang: :bang:

Cute kid!!

Last edited:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Kurt, I don't understand the picture with all the people putting the sandbags down? What would that do?

We're on our way down to Seagrove to make sure that everything's locked away properly (I'm online via my cell phone). The northbound traffic on I-85 caused by LA/MS refugees isn't as thick as I expected. Sorta scared by weather.com saying we'll have sustained winds tomorrow of 51 mph at 2-3 PM. I plan to take photos and post them (assuming I remembered the USB cable for the digital camera).

Good luck and prayers for everyone.

ladybug8876

leslie lou
Mar 20, 2005
Paducah, Ky
I went to destincam.com to check out the waves, still looking pretty rough. Are there any webcams in sowal I don't know about. Thanks Kurt for always keeping us informed.

whiteyfunn

SoWal Staff
Jul 1, 2005
Seagrove Beach
Beach Runner...your avatar is sadly appropriate for today and tomorrow.

Does anyone know if businesses will be closed tomorrow? Or what the county will advise?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
TWC just reported Katrina's winds now at 185 mph and pressure down to 90 mb. Camille was 909 at landfall. Kinda makes you shiver.

ktschris

Beach Fanatic
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis
ladybug8876 said:
I went to destincam.com to check out the waves, still looking pretty rough. Are there any webcams in sowal I don't know about. Thanks Kurt for always keeping us informed.

Try alongthegulf.com
they have a couple of different cameras on that site. You guys be safe down there.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Mermaid said:
Kurt, I don't understand the picture with all the people putting the sandbags down? What would that do?

Well, if you look at the house about 6 houses to the west of the one where they are placing sandbags, you will see what happens. Yesterday, this same crew placed sandbags at that home, adjacent and east to the public access on Hwy 83, and today, they are all gone. I have a picture of the few remaining which are scattered on the beach from that home, but I am having difficulty uploading my pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.