• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
News, forecast & info on Hurricane Nate

at201716_5day.gif

at201716_sat.jpg

Last edited:

Sweet Pot Pie

Beach Comber
Aug 26, 2013
Kurt, anyone.

We are headed down tomorrow to SRB. What would you advise? Staying Thurs through Monday. Please let me know as I value the locals opinions.

Thanks

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Kurt, anyone.

We are headed down tomorrow to SRB. What would you advise? Staying Thurs through Monday. Please let me know as I value the locals opinions.

Thanks
Hard to say so early but If you come be prepared to leave. If evacuation coincides with Saturday checkouts it's going to be jammed. A lot of people are here on Fall break.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It's not so much the storm I'd worry about, but instead it's the lack of infrastructure (roads), and non existent storm water plan in SoWal to contend with.

If tourons leave Sat AM along with evacs it will be a nightmare.

All the DOT road work on 98 won't help either.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It's not so much the storm I'd worry about, but instead it's the lack of infrastructure (roads), and non existent storm water plan in SoWal to contend with.

If tourons leave Sat AM along with evacs it will be a nightmare.

All the DOT road work on 98 won't help either.
Are you referring to road work on 98 in western Walton County? I was there last night and didn't notice anything that would be a problem.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Most likely evac would be on 331. Think the conversation was about 331 construction.