1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Rita - Texas Posters

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by kathydwells, Sep 21, 2005.

1. kathydwells

kathydwells Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname

Just wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you all this weekend and wish for your safety!!!! Stay safe.

[​IMG]

2. Rita

Rita margarita brocolia

In the DFW metroplex area they're predicting much needed rain 3-5 inches.(That is unless it moves through quickly.)
    Also could get tropical force winds as far inland as here and spin off tornados. :sosad:

3. Landlocked

Landlocked Beach Fanatic

You can send some of that rain over to Montgomery. It hasn't rained a drop here since Katrina. My yard looks like the Mojave Desert.

4. Kimmifunn

Kimmifunn Funnkalicious

How big is this bad girl? I am so out of the loop...guess I need to look to my boyfriends Mike Bettes and Jim Cantore for some answers.... :wub:

5. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Just talked to PawPaw...it took him 3 1/2 hours to get to Buffalo, TX...a little more than half way to Dallas from Houston. Said traffic is crazy.. most people are stopping in Huntsville. He said he saw three trucks carrying plywood headed NORTH!!! That's like ice trucks headed to the North Pole!!! I'll be a happy girl when he gets here!

Thanks y'all for the good wishes. Looks like those damn storms are going to eat up beaches from east to west...not one state in the gulf has dodged the bullet this year. Yes, Kimmi...Hurricane Rita is a biatch!!!! Your little Jimmy is surely Galveston bound!!

6. bsmart

bsmart brain

We could use some rain here in Atlanta too, we have not had any since Katrina. :sosad:

7. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

PawPaw has arrived...he is bushed, but safe and sound! I think I just saw Rita is a Cat. 5!!!! Glad PawPaw ain't gonna meeta Rita!!!

8. JB

JB Beach Fanatic

9. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

I confess...I went and topped off my tank today. It was either half full or half empty...I paid $2.83 a gal. for regular.

10. sunsetDreamin

sunsetDreamin Beach Comber

Oh, crud.

First time in my life I've been in the cone of possibility...in FORT WORTH!!! :shock:
    I sooo do not want my house tornadoed on. :pissed:

11. ktmeadows

ktmeadows Beach Fanatic

oooh....get ready...I hear that gas prices may climb as high as $5.00/gal if any of those Texas oil rigs get damaged! :shock:

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

In SoWal, the clouds have been a little wierd today. The sky just suddenly dropped its motherload of rain. We have not seen rain since Katrina until now. Waves were nominal today, but are expected to begin picking up tomorrow.

13. sarahj

sarahj Beach Lover

Sueshore, glad your dear PawPaw made it safely. Even if his house escapes there is always the possibility of being without water, electricity and other comforts we enjoy. Your PawPaw is a wise man.

14. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Yes sarahj...he is!! I don't think I could have made it through this if he had chosen to stay! He used to LOVE the storms...but after being w/o power for a week after Alicia, he said NO MORE!!! We were talking about this Rita taking the exact course as Carla when I was 7 yo! He just had his favorite pizza and has been licked to death by puppy Molly...it's all good!!!

15. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Holy Hurricanes, Batman! :eek: :eek: We're filling up and stocking up. Gas, water, beer, food. beer, vodka. Can't believe it might get this far with winds..we just don't have weather like this here......except when the tornados come!

Thanks, kathy, for your well wishes..sweet.

16. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Just drink all that at once (not the gas!) and you can sleep right through it!!!!

17. wetwilly

wetwilly Beach Fanatic

Dr. Lyons, reknowned Hurricane expert, was just on TWC and he said that Rita is an F-3 Tornado/Category 5 Hurricane. That is a monster storm the power of a major tornado, 360 miles wide, and a Category 5. :bang:

He said that anyone on the western Louisiana gulfcoast and all along the gulfcoast of Texas should watch this storm closely and evacuate the area. He said that it may weaken to Cat 4 or so but may not. :bang:

We pray for everyone in this storms path. All stay safe.

18. DD

DD SoWal Expert

:cool: Sue, LOL. I might just have to hold off--looks like I'm going to work. I work in a nursing home and we're getting 15 evacuees in our building tonite, and just talked to a guy in Pasadena who's trying to get 91 of his patients placed TONIGHT! This is just crazy!! My cell phone is ringing off the hook--and we don't have any more beds!! :eek:

19. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty Meow

Bless you....I knew it would be just a matter of time before they started running out of room south of here. Prayers coming your way.

20. DD

DD SoWal Expert

Thanks. I just hate to think of all those little frail people having to ride in an ambulance or on a bus for 4-6 hours--maybe longer, depending on the traffic. Man, what a nightmare!