• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
It boggles the mind how much power non-elected "leaders" wield around here. Vision 3000 s like a quasi-governmental, self-selected committee that is able to get around the sunshine laws and shape our community with little or no (note small d) democratic input.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Eh. I can think of about six different official names for US 98 between PCB and Pensacola. If someone wants to put up a sign on 331, no big deal. Most people will still call it or write it as US 331 regardless.

As for the bridge, the current causeway really is too low for safety purposes during hurricane evacuations. I just wish they'd go the route of getting US DOT money to fully fund a proper hurricane evacuation route rather than going the toll bridge way.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Just don't change the postal addresses from U.S. Hwy 331 S. The postal service is screwed up enough already.

Interested Girl

Beach Fanatic
Aug 15, 2008
They approved the request. The official name will not change it will be a "Memorial HWY" if approved by the state.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
SJ, I think Odom will be too busy surrendering himself to Leon County law enforcement to answer our e-mails. He just got indicted for his involvement in a "community project."

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
SJ, I think Odom will be too busy surrendering himself to Leon County law enforcement to answer our e-mails. He just got indicted for his involvement in a "community project."

Wow, breaking news! They had to dig deep and read a bunch of law books, but they did come up with an indictment.

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
Maybe they'll get sued for false advertising. Not sure about anyone else, but I must be missing the part where 331 dead ends into a beach.
Good catch SWGB!

Maybe they can paint these down the centerline.:D
Whoa ... And I thought I had THE cow/dolphin avatar! That is about as confusing as THE Beach would be...;-)

Good connection, rapunzel. I do believe that one of the founding members of Vision 3000's "THE Beach" was Jay Odum, one of the guys who also offered to privatize 331 bridge over the Bay, making it a toll road.
Appreciate having this info.

Good points all. Guess we can expect Odom and his gang to rename Highway 20 as Alternate THE Beach Road or Back THE Beach Road next. It would also be a short cut to the renamed OW-TB College (On the Way to THE Beach). Odom and Richburg could continue to conspire doing all sorts of renaming and special projects.
:lol:..

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

Which is the road to THE Slammer?? Maybe they can rename that one too.