• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sunny Daze

Beach Lover
Jun 11, 2005
Southern KY
Unpacked and have done the laundry, put suitcases away and put the Christmas tree up. Very tired now!

We had such a wonderful week down there! :love:

Sueshore, yes we DID eat at D&K's! Once I made that post from Miss Lucille's, I immediately signed off. Didn't log back on from anywhere else. We had gumbo and peel and eat shrimp from the outside deck that very afternoon. The gumbo was excellent and the garlic bread was very garliccccccccccky! Yummy!!

Had to eat at Seagrove Market again.... loved their grouper sandwich. Bought a Seagrove sweatshirt from there, my husband bought a t-shirt, I got a ball cap as well.....and picked up 3 SOWAL stickers!!

I only saw one vehicle with the sowal sticker on it. It was a work truck with a man driving it. Also saw one stuck to a post on the E. Ruskin boardwalk ( I think it was that boardwalk.... it was closed).

We walked around Seaside on Friday and were amazed at the amount of people compared to earlier in the week. They must have crept in on Wednesday and Thursday. Took a few pictures of the Christmas tree behind the post office.... hubby loved the area! :love:

Our condo was great, other than very uncomfortable balcony furniture. Loved the living room couch and loveseat. It was extremely comfy, as it wasn't the rattan nor wicker furniture. Comfy to lay on and read at night or watch tv. Had a wonderful view and slept with the sliding doors open in the bedroom..... the sounds from the gulf lulled me to sleep each night

There were two tabby cats hanging around the pool and courtyard the entire time we were there. I took a picture of one of the cats drinking from the pool. :cool: One of our cats drinks from our pool. And we have fresh water here in the house....silly cats!

I saw kids sliding down the dunes every day. I wanted to scream at them, though realized they don't know any better. Then I wanted to scream at there parents! GAH!!! :bang:

On Tuesday evening we were walking in front of our condo and headed west toward One Seagrove Place. Lots of little fish were being brought up onto the sand from the tide. They were stuck and many had died. Everyone that we saw that was flipping about we picked up and threw back into the water. People watched us as if we were nuts. :roll: It didn't matter to me. I kept saying, "Oh, there's one. There's another one. Grab that one honey!" We did this for 30+ minutes! :blink: The birds, however, were having a grand time with the dead fish.

Spoke with a very nice man who owned the Rainbow Lighting in Gulf Place. We chatted with him for a long time and I had him play his guitar for me. Seemed as though everyone, with the exception of one, was very nice and kind to us when we went into any store or restaurant. John at the Red Bar was fun.

We ate lunch at the 331 on the bay on Friday. I cannot believe the portions a person gets! Sat on the deck outside and the bay was so calm, the weather perfect and so warm.

Let's see.....what else.... We went to Destin one day. A friend of mine from Pensacola met us there for lunch at McGuire's (the best *&%$ spinich / artichoke dip everrrrr) and we browsed the Old Time Pottery.

Drove up and down 30-A several times to get a sense of what was where, as well as driving on 98. Took a picture of the blinding white buildings that are east of Seacrest. Admired the eccentric house and its shapes as well.

Too bad we had to leave Saturday morning. Didn't realize there would be a parade and all of the festivities until after I had booked our flight. Hope to see some of the pictures if anyone here has taken some. I am sure Kurt probably did.

When I load my diggy pictures onto my computer, I will attempt to save a few on photobucket and TRY to post a few on here, if I can. I have a few fantastic pictures. Well, they look great on my camera anyway! :D

Ignore my typos, I am typing fast and don't plan on proofreading... y'all get the idea! :D

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Sounds like a great trip, SD. Makes me wish I was there...lets see,only about 6 more mos! And, what's up with that house anyway? I've wanted to ask before, but figured ya'll had discussed it before I came along. :dunno:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Sunny Daze said:
Unpacked and have done the laundry, put suitcases away and put the Christmas tree up. Very tired now!

We had such a wonderful week down there! :love:

Sueshore, yes we DID eat at D&K's! Once I made that post from Miss Lucille's, I immediately signed off. Didn't log back on from anywhere else. We had gumbo and peel and eat shrimp from the outside deck that very afternoon. The gumbo was excellent and the garlic bread was very garliccccccccccky! Yummy!!

Had to eat at Seagrove Market again.... loved their grouper sandwich. Bought a Seagrove sweatshirt from there, my husband bought a t-shirt, I got a ball cap as well.....and picked up 3 SOWAL stickers!!

I only saw one vehicle with the sowal sticker on it. It was a work truck with a man driving it. Also saw one stuck to a post on the E. Ruskin boardwalk ( I think it was that boardwalk.... it was closed).

We walked around Seaside on Friday and were amazed at the amount of people compared to earlier in the week. They must have crept in on Wednesday and Thursday. Took a few pictures of the Christmas tree behind the post office.... hubby loved the area! :love:

Our condo was great, other than very uncomfortable balcony furniture. Loved the living room couch and loveseat. It was extremely comfy, as it wasn't the rattan nor wicker furniture. Comfy to lay on and read at night or watch tv. Had a wonderful view and slept with the sliding doors open in the bedroom..... the sounds from the gulf lulled me to sleep each night

There were two tabby cats hanging around the pool and courtyard the entire time we were there. I took a picture of one of the cats drinking from the pool. :cool: One of our cats drinks from our pool. And we have fresh water here in the house....silly cats!

I saw kids sliding down the dunes every day. I wanted to scream at them, though realized they don't know any better. Then I wanted to scream at there parents! GAH!!! :bang:

On Tuesday evening we were walking in front of our condo and headed west toward One Seagrove Place. Lots of little fish were being brought up onto the sand from the tide. They were stuck and many had died. Everyone that we saw that was flipping about we picked up and threw back into the water. People watched us as if we were nuts. :roll: It didn't matter to me. I kept saying, "Oh, there's one. There's another one. Grab that one honey!" We did this for 30+ minutes! :blink: The birds, however, were having a grand time with the dead fish.

Spoke with a very nice man who owned the Rainbow Lighting in Gulf Place. We chatted with him for a long time and I had him play his guitar for me. Seemed as though everyone, with the exception of one, was very nice and kind to us when we went into any store or restaurant. John at the Red Bar was fun.

We ate lunch at the 331 on the bay on Friday. I cannot believe the portions a person gets! Sat on the deck outside and the bay was so calm, the weather perfect and so warm.

Let's see.....what else.... We went to Destin one day. A friend of mine from Pensacola met us there for lunch at McGuire's (the best *&%$ spinich / artichoke dip everrrrr) and we browsed the Old Time Pottery.

Drove up and down 30-A several times to get a sense of what was where, as well as driving on 98. Took a picture of the blinding white buildings that are east of Seacrest. Admired the eccentric house and its shapes as well.

Too bad we had to leave Saturday morning. Didn't realize there would be a parade and all of the festivities until after I had booked our flight. Hope to see some of the pictures if anyone here has taken some. I am sure Kurt probably did.

When I load my diggy pictures onto my computer, I will attempt to save a few on photobucket and TRY to post a few on here, if I can. I have a few fantastic pictures. Well, they look great on my camera anyway! :D

Ignore my typos, I am typing fast and don't plan on proofreading... y'all get the idea! :D

You had a full week and it sounds like you had fun every minute! Good for you. Now I really miss it. Hubby is headed down next weekend to work on a "honey do" list to get our places ready for the season. I'm sure he will go to D&K's for me as well as 331.

Thanks for sharing.:clap_1:

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Glad your week went so well. Lots of good memories to last the winter or till you visit again.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I so enjoyed reading your post and sounds like you had a perfect week there! Especially loved the part about falling asleep each night to the sound of the waves ~

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hey Sunny D- sounds like you took advantage of all the best things about South Walton- and am I ever envious!

What a nice time to go away and recharge- right before the holidays! Good planning!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Yay Sunny D! You did us proud!! Thanks for sharing your sowal time...it makes me want to be there right now!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I was looking at the SUnday circulars and mentioned a good laptop price to Bdarg- and he accused me of only wanting one to take to the beach and stay connected to SoWal.com! Imagine that!