• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tamara

Beach Lover
Dec 1, 2004
Goodlettsville, TN
After some consideration I thought I would get some feedback from you guys. I am at the point in my life where change would be good. What adivce would you have for me if I said I wanted to relocate to SoWal in late April or early May? If I could find a comparable job that offers insurance I would be searching for a longterm rental in a heartbeat. It would be me and my two small dogs. The job search is the thing that concerns me most. I have nothing that is holding me back here in Tennessee. Thoughts anyone?

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
That was the hardest thing for me when I was living there. Finding a constant, steady job.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Wow!! What a great idea. I can imagine that you might be a little apprehensive. But I'd say if you have nothing holding you back, I'd definately go for it. If you decide it was a wrong move after 1 year, you can always move back. Start subscribing to the local papers, even online subscriptions. Start Googling CPA firms or other administrative positions, just to see what's there. You might even change careers. Search Monster.com, too. You should take a couple of extended trips to look at the area in a different frrame of mind, not a vacation. If it was me and 2 little dogs, I'd do it in a heartbeat! But I'd be a little scared too. But there's nothing wrong with that!! (Sounds like you've been thinking about this and that it might be something you've always wanted to do!)
Good luck and keep us posted ~

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I uprooted and moved here 10 years ago from Atlanta and have never regretted it! If this is something you really want then you can make it happen. I don't know about any admin positions for CPA firms but there are always positions available in the real estate firms..office manager, etc. Check the Walton Sun or the Daily News. Good luck!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
You should be able to find an office manager position at a small company - CPA, law, real estate, developer, etc. - the pay may be lower at first but quality people will be paid what they're worth.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I subscribe to the Walton Sun online just to stay in touch with what's going on in the area. So, you may want to do that to get a sense of the local news and read the want ads to find contacts. Good Luck and keep your options open where you are in case you move to SoWal and decide to move back for some reason. Always good to keep options open...

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
tamara said:
That is what I have heard. That is the main thing scaring me away.
I think it's doable. I'm just super young and need to feel like I'm accelerating fast to a high position.

I didn't have patience...or savings.