• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Mr. Chapman and Mr. Imfeld did not express an opinion. I believe the others were Mr. Kramer and Mr. Fletcher.

It disappoints me to hear that Fletcher would support destruction of State Forrest.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
The questioning was concerning options to fix the traffic problems. It is an option, as is mass transit systems and off-site parking. Mr. Chapman did state that widening 30-A is not an option and he is correct. The ROW costs would be astronomical.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The questioning was concerning options to fix the traffic problems. It is an option, as is mass transit systems and off-site parking. Mr. Chapman did state that widening 30-A is not an option and he is correct. The ROW costs would be astronomical.

I don't consider destruction of state land an option..at all.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Understood.
Your proposal to alleviate traffic problems?

If I had one...I'd be running for public office. This is why I vote. I will say though that had the needed infrastructure been in place prior to all the development happening in SoWal we wouldn't be where we are right now. It wasn't important enough back then to be made a priority so I fail to see how destroying protected state land is going to make it all better now.

If we keep chipping away at state lands for more development what's left for those who come after us?

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
From Tony's FB page:
Once again, supporters of my opponent are distorting my position and twisting my words. At last night’s candidate forum, I referenced the need to look at a variety of options for improving infrastructure and reducing traffic congestion in South Walton. We need to review all of our infrastructure needs and options. I also said that I do not believe we should automatically be looking to state forest lands for a solution to expand our roadways. I am on record as strongly opposing development in our state forest lands and always will be. - Tony

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
If I had one...I'd be running for public office. This is why I vote. I will say though that had the needed infrastructure been in place prior to all the development happening in SoWal we wouldn't be where we are right now. It wasn't important enough back then to be made a priority so I fail to see how destroying protected state land is going to make it all better now.

If we keep chipping away at state lands for more development what's left for those who come after us?
I'm with you on preserving the forests. And with you on the lack of infrastructure.
Poor leadership with any forward vision, and poor planning will land SoWalton in nearly the same boat as Destin. If not for the forests...we'd be over-run with development.
So we are in agreement. Thank God for someone with some vision. I believe it was partly Governor Graham?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
From Tony's FB page:
Once again, supporters of my opponent are distorting my position and twisting my words. At last night’s candidate forum, I referenced the need to look at a variety of options for improving infrastructure and reducing traffic congestion in South Walton. We need to review all of our infrastructure needs and options. I also said that I do not believe we should automatically be looking to state forest lands for a solution to expand our roadways. I am on record as strongly opposing development in our state forest lands and always will be. - Tony

I couldn't hear anything anyone said even with the speakers on blast but I see no reason to doubt Danny's version of what was said or who said it.