• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jasper C.

Banned
Aug 14, 2016
SRB
Actually that isn't what you said. I quoted what you said. No one accused him of wanting to build a state park. It became a "thing" because Dave R. didn't check what was actually said and he has apologized for that. Why are you still all over it like flies on :poop: ?
No, it became a "thing" because she lied.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
No, it became a "thing" because she lied.

Your argument isn't with me on this one. I didn't repeat what Ms. Meadows said because I wasn't privy to the conversation.

I said leave state forest alone!

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Actually that isn't what you said. I quoted what you said. No one accused him of wanting to build a state park. It became a "thing" because Dave R. didn't check what was actually said and he has apologized for that. Why are you still all over it like flies on :poop: ?

So now you're blaming Dave R. for "starting" this because he believed Cindy Meadows? Wow! Just wow!

I agree that many of Meadows' statements shouldn't be taken at face value, but Dave is a friend and ally of Meadows. I don't blame him for feeling betrayed. He made statements about someone else based upon the false statements of a friend and confidante. It's not right to blame the victim for the crimes of the perpetrator. Count me on Rauschkolb's side in this one. The man obviously has moral courage.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So now you're blaming Dave R. for "starting" this because he believed Cindy Meadows? Wow! Just wow!

I agree that many of Meadows' statements shouldn't be taken at face value, but Dave is a friend and ally of Meadows. I don't blame him for feeling betrayed. He made statements about someone else based upon the false statements of a friend and confidante. It's not right to blame the victim for the crimes of the perpetrator. Count me on Rauschkolb's side in this one. The man obviously has moral courage.

Oh My God! How am I blaming Dave R? He OWNED what he said. He apologized for it. I never heard the comment made by Anderson. I said as much 3 times. I didn't repeat what it was I didn't hear Anderson say! I'm not questioning Dave's morals or his courage but you are sure trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
You indicated it was Rauschkolb's fault this became a "thing" because he didn't fact-check Meadows' statement to him against the video. But as soon as he viewed the video, he immediately spoke up.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
You indicated it was Rauschkolb's fault this became a "thing" because he didn't fact-check Meadows' statement to him against the video. But as soon as he viewed the video, he immediately spoke up.

Here is what I said

Dave R, posted himself on the visioning page and jasper photo shot it and pasted it here that Dave himself said he didn't check what was actually said. That's my fault how? You and Indestructible and jasper made it a thing by saying Meadows lied!!!

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008

I doubt it's anything but an honest mistake and Dave is OK with it. People make Mistakes.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Nice to see some good discussion about actual issues; parking, beach vendors, traffic, Incorporation, etc.

Instead it's like a bunch of 3rd graders fighting over a pokeman card.

The entire Dist. 5 race has become somewhat of a punch line to a joke.

When you step back and really look at it, it's a sad day for Walton County, regardless of who wins. I don't think anything will change, it will only get worse.

We've really sunk to new political lows in 2016 and have been able to divide a population with so much potential.

Sounds like the National situation.

PilotScooter

Beach Crab
Aug 25, 2016
Point Washington
I like the signs. I collect them to post my targets on at the range after the elections. I also encourage all candidates to give me one for that same reason. That giant mobile sign would be a fantastic addition to my range!
I, however, don't like the littering of our beautiful county. And I'm sure there's nothing more than our visitors live more than seeing those signs right away after a long drive.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Visitors hate it. It looks like such C $ @ P and candidates are basically forced to put them up. Yet attendance at local forums is sad at best.

Most of this is in illegal areas and we should have an event (hey Better South Walton, listen up) and have a night time fund raiser for the cause by bringing in the most illegally placed signs. Then, someone can return them to the candidate and everyone wins! Yeah!

Sort of a Poker Run, but a Sign Recovery.