• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
Is the Walton County taxpayerswatcherstakedownersorganization not pleased that we the taxpayers get two public servants for one low price?:dunno:

Robert is free to express his viewpoint whenever he chooses as long as he does not invoke the name of the WCTA.

He posts as an individual not as a member of the WCTA.

The WCTA posts as an organization with its official viewpoint on issues when the board has taken a position or agreed on a study or poll.

I believe that you are the Statecommitteeman for the Walton Democratic Executive Committee.

Should we interpret all of your posts and positions to be the official position of the Walton Democratic Executive Committee?

Our organization has existed for 28 years with one single name:
The Walton County Taxpayers Association, Inc.

We are incorporated in the State of Florida as a non-partisan 5.01(c)4 organization.

BH

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Robert is free to express his viewpoint whenever he chooses as long as he does not invoke the name of the WCTA.

He posts as an individual not as a member of the WCTA.

The WCTA posts as an organization with its official viewpoint on issues when the board has taken a position or agreed on a study or poll.

I believe that you are the Statecommitteeman for the Walton Democratic Executive Committee.

Should we interpret all of your posts and positions to be the official position of the Walton Democratic Executive Committee?

Our organization has existed for 28 years with one single name:
The Walton County Taxpayers Association, Inc.

We are incorporated in the State of Florida as a non-partisan 5.01(c)4 organization.

BH

I know Mr Hudson is a man of the integrity, as is Robert and don't mean to imply that posts by the above should constitute a position statement. However, I do wonder if it is a conflict of interest to have a watchdog group put pressure on incumbents when said watchdogs have demonstrated a propensity to run for office.

I was impressed with Mr Hudson's ethics as displayed at the last Mosquito Board meeting;can we be assured that watchdogs are not lobbing allegations, under the cover of a non-partisan 5.01(c)4 organization, at incumbents in order to 'soften them up', so to speak, for the next election cycle?

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
I know Mr Hudson is a man of the integrity, as is Robert and don't mean to imply that posts by the above should constitute a position statement. However, I do wonder if it is a conflict of interest to have a watchdog group put pressure on incumbents when said watchdogs have demonstrated a propensity to run for office.

I was impressed with Mr Hudson's ethics as displayed at the last Mosquito Board meeting;can we be assured that watchdogs are not lobbing allegations, under the cover of a non-partisan 5.01(c)4 organization, at incumbents in order to 'soften them up', so to speak, for the next election cycle?

NOTE TO READERS: THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWS OF THE WCTA - Bob Hudson

I can make that assurance for you on my behalf.

Yes I ran for office, but I lost and have stated more than once that I would not run for County Commissioner again.

I do believe that individuals have a right to run for office (watchdog or not) and be judged by the electorate and either elected or defeated in that election.

THE WCTA as an entity has never endorsed a candidate !

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
NOTE TO READERS: THESE ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY THE VIEWS OF THE WCTA - Bob Hudson

I can make that assurance for you on my behalf.

Yes I ran for office, but I lost and have stated more than once that I would not run for County Commissioner again.

I do believe that individuals have a right to run for office (watchdog or not) and be judged by the electorate and either elected or defeated in that election.

THE WCTA as an entity has never endorsed a candidate !

I appreciate your pledge and wish others would take it!

dynamitedaddy

Beach Comber
Aug 18, 2009
A friend of Ron Kelley's told me he was fired because the paper was cutting back. They didn't even give him any notice or severence. I thought he did a good job and was fair and did not take sides. I have cancelled my subscription as well. I know it is a small jesture but makes me feel better.
You never see the wives of the other commissioners, not sure they even work.