• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I am starting this thread in hopes that posters and lurkers will report what is happening as this storm hits Texas. As you all know, this storm has already caused damage along the Panhandle and the Gulf Coast westward. I haven't seen a full updated report this morning, but just turned the blasted TWC on.

For all of you that have asked about my Daddy, PawPaw, thank you! I am happy to report that he arrived here safely, yesterday. I have been in contact with his wonderful neighbor, who will keep us updated. My sister got over there early yesterday and helped him get his car packed up, which was a God send. She and her family are staying behind. Enough about me...please let us know what is going on at your location.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Miss K, I know you are relieved to have your dad with you. Mr. Critter "rescued" his mom from Baton Rouge after Gustav. Her house still has no power, but was not damaged, thank God. Hope your dad's house is spared, as well.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I am starting this thread in hopes that posters and lurkers will report what is happening as this storm hits Texas. As you all know, this storm has already caused damage along the Panhandle and the Gulf Coast westward. I haven't seen a full updated report this morning, but just turned the blasted TWC on.

For all of you that have asked about my Daddy, PawPaw, thank you! I am happy to report that he arrived here safely, yesterday. I have been in contact with his wonderful neighbor, who will keep us updated. My sister got over there early yesterday and helped him get his car packed up, which was a God send. She and her family are staying behind. Enough about me...please let us know what is going on at your location.

glad to hear about PawPaw. :wave:

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
I was thinking about PawPaw last night when Anderson Cooper tried to give us nightmares about the weather bulletin. I'm so very glad he's safe. My prayers for all of you and everyone else in the path of Ike. Thanks for this thread Kitty.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
email from my sister in Spring, TX...

Galveston is already flooded with many inches downtown. The water is
coming over the seawall! Tell dad that KHOU.com has a chart that
predicts winds by zip code. Right now it is a beautiful day!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington

Take care Kitty..they just said on the WC that Dallas can expect many tornado's. Do you have a basement? Keep us posted and glad to hear paw paw is safe.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
You and PawPaw stay SAFE! (OH...and the rest of the family too :wave:)

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider

WOW. Hang in there ... give PawPaw our best. :D

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Glad paw paw made it safely. :love:Ya'll hunker down and if you eat SPAM you can think of us...:D