• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Obviously, if you have enough liquor or a big enough drug stash, certain death means nothing. I am just glad the government agencies in Texas told these people...you are SOOL after 8 pm. I am tired of people being put in harm's way for IDIOTS.
600xPopupGalleryCoomerGalvestongdj.jpg

:wave:...this just in from PawPaw's neighbor....the huge double BA pine tree at the back of the house snapped and fell on the neighbor's garage, knocking the new fence down. There is a huge limb on PawPaw's roof and he doesn't know if it has been punctured. No windows were broken. Power came on for a bit yesterday and quickly went back off...that is somehwat good news, as it proves they are working on it. The neighborhood has trees down all over and some streets are blocked. Just think about this damage all over that huge city! Better news...Mr. K is back in town and is cooking a steak for PawPaw tonight! :clap:Sister is still w/o power, but her neighborhood Kroger is open and a neighboring commmunity has power. BIL's vet clinic is also w/o power and he had to get dry ice to save the vaccines. Theya re experiencing heavy rains today because of the cool front going through. Thank goodness...they need some cool DRY air w/o air conditioning!!! God Bless, Texas!
Oh, wow. Sorry you and your family are having to deal with all of this. Prayers for you and your PawPaw and everyone else who is affected.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Any new reports from Galveston and Sugar Land? I've tried to call cell phones and circuits are busy.

I read that they were hoping to get cell phone coverage in Galveston sometime today. Lots of rescues.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
The first aerial photos this morning. Lord have mercy.
Boats next to I-45. Crystal Beach (community) gone. Lots worse than I first thought. They say over 2000 rescues so far. :eek:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I just heard the worst kind of news from Louisville- Ike blew through there yesterday, and a falling limb killed the son of our friend. He was 10 years old.

Apparently it was supposed to be windy there yesterday, but the storm got a burst of energy, and the 75 mph winds caught everyone by surprise.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I just heard the worst kind of news from Louisville- Ike blew through there yesterday, and a falling limb killed the son of our friend. He was 10 years old.

Apparently it was supposed to be windy there yesterday, but the storm got a burst of energy, and the 75 mph winds caught everyone by surprise.

:yikes: OMG!! That's terrible JDarg. Was he outside playing in the bad weather or did it hit the house or something?