Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Why and what does that mean? :dunno:

because your reply to the email will end up in Sowal limbo, clogging the system, and your friends will not the get a response to their PM, think you're a slacker, and stop being your friend, because you never respond... things will invariably escalate from there. countries have been lost for less.

And Don't forget to empty your PM Boxes regularly!!

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
because your reply to the email will end up in Sowal limbo, clogging the system, and your friends will not the get a response to their PM, think you're a slacker, and stop being your friend, because you never respond... things will invariably escalate from there. countries have been lost for less.

:rotfl: ...a SoWal Uncivil War!!!

I am so :blink: . How does a PM end up anywhere near an email?

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch

Please help control the PM population--neuter your PM boxes regularly!

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
I am so :blink: . How does a PM end up anywhere near an email?

ok, explain it to me like i'm a third grader she says...

when you send a PM, an auto-notifyer in the software sends you an email so you know that you've received a PM. This way, if you've been off the board for a time, and are checking your mail, you'll see that you've got a PM waiting for you over at good 'ol Sowal. Apparently, people are respoding to the email notifyer instead of logging on to Sowal and responding via PM, like they should be doing.

So, Kurt gets to check this now overflowing file(that bogs down the server) and delete all the erroneous(to the server) email responses.

clear? good.;-)

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

Thank you !!!

Please help control the PM population--neuter your PM boxes regularly!
:rotfl:

ok, explain it to me like i'm a third grader she says...

when you send a PM, an auto-notifyer in the software sends you an email so you know that you've received a PM. This way, if you've been off the board for a time, and are checking your mail, you'll see that you've got a PM waiting for you over at good 'ol Sowal. Apparently, people are respoding to the email notifyer instead of logging on to Sowal and responding via PM, like they should be doing.

So, Kurt gets to check this now overflowing file(that bogs down the server) and delete all the erroneous(to the server) email responses.

clear? good.;-)

Thanks JR, I fully understand although I have never done this I never thought about the clogging of the server thing...I will also empty my pm box if that helps Kurt....