• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Use prefixes!!! They are a drop down selection before your thread title - "For Rent" or "Wanted".

Don't abbreviate town- use "Santa Rosa Beach" not SRB - this will help people find you in search and search engines.

This is the long term rental forum for South Walton! Do not put "long term rental" or "LTR" in your title! We already know that.

Owners:

Please be specific. Indicate location, how many bedrooms and bathrooms, furnished or unfurnished, included utilities, rent, pets or no pets, amount of rent fixed or flexible, deposit, and smoking or non-smoking. Also include anything out of the ordinary like “must bring own mower for yard work”.

Pictures tell the whole story even better. If you don’t have any let the potential renter know.

When it comes to contact information feel free to use phone number, email address, private message, or all three. Also be sure to check back in on your post to follow up and answer any questions or make changes to price or other items (there is a time limit on editing original post so you can just add on a post with new info).

Note - failure to post enough info, especially rent amount and contact info will cause your post to be deleted. Posting a link only is considered link spam and will be deleted.

Once it’s rented, please simply post a response that the unit is rented and no longer available. Threads are not deleted so you have to update them or you will continue to get calls. You edit them by appending your thread with new info.

Renters:

Please read the owner or agent's post closely, and your own - be sure to call or send email if they posted that info, you can also send a PM.

Also if the post is more than a couple of months old, and you’ve done a search, odds are pretty good that the unit is rented. Even then use the contact method posted instead of responding to an old posting.

Thanks and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

JenniPip

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2012
Some of us posting on here aren't as computer-savvy as the rest of you and are still learning and fumbling our way around...

SweetTea

Beach Comber
Jul 12, 2014
Is there a way for me to edit my post? I do not see an edit option.

Last edited by a moderator:

glis85

Beach Comber
Mar 4, 2012
SRB
It's been over two months with little activity. Can I post the same rental listing again? Just think it's to far back in the search and want to get more eyes on it.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
It's been over two months with little activity. Can I post the same rental listing again? Just think it's to far back in the search and want to get more eyes on it.
Bump it! Meaning, make a post to your thread and it will rise to the top of the thread list. Just say "bump" or "still available" or "still looking" etc. ! Also might consider lowering price if offering a rental or if you're looking broaden your criteria - good luck!