• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
Just like the post said-I am in need of some relaxation!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do any of you have any opinions on spas in the Santa Rosa area? We are staying at Gulf Place - of course I don't want to spend a ton of money but would like to have a relaxing day at the spa-just for me!!!! Thanks for the info!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
taterbaby said:
Just like the post said-I am in need of some relaxation!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do any of you have any opinions on spas in the Santa Rosa area? We are staying at Gulf Place - of course I don't want to spend a ton of money but would like to have a relaxing day at the spa-just for me!!!! Thanks for the info!!

A real, full-service Spa is not cheap. The best, and only true full-service Spa around here is Serenity, at the Hilton in Sandestin. If you are looking for a great massage at the best price in town, go to For the Health of It, located in Blue Mtn Beach. They are not a spa. You will be at the beach, which is Mother Nature's Spa. I say go for a long massage, two days in a row, followed by some alone time at the beach to sit in the water's edge and let the sea cure all that troubles you. ;-)

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Serenity in Sandestin is Great!! You only have to purchase one service to use the ammenities there...so one massage and a whole day to relax.....it may cost $130 but for a whole day..you can even order lunch and they will deliver....or just snack on the free snacks, fruit, etc. all day..... I use Craig for massage therapy at a chiropractic office he is great but more therapy than relaxing massage...Good luck and enjoy...http://www.serenitybytheseaspa.com/

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
Smiling JOe said:
If you are looking for a great massage at the best price in town, go to For the Health of It, located in Blue Mtn Beach. They are not a spa. You will be at the beach, which is Mother Nature's Spa. I say go for a long massage, two days in a row, followed by some along time at the beach to sit in the water's edge and let the sea cure all that troubles you. ;-)

OMG, I am SO there Smiling JOe!!!!!! How many days til June 10th?????

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
This place looks like a mini version of Whole Foods...I gotta go, thanks!@!
Smiling JOe said:
A real, full-service Spa is not cheap. The best, and only true full-service Spa around here is Serenity, at the Hilton in Sandestin. If you are looking for a great massage at the best price in town, go to For the Health of It, located in Blue Mtn Beach. They are not a spa. You will be at the beach, which is Mother Nature's Spa. I say go for a long massage, two days in a row, followed by some along time at the beach to sit in the water's edge and let the sea cure all that troubles you. ;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
InletBchDweller said:
This place looks like a mini version of Whole Foods...I gotta go, thanks!@!
They have 4 or 5 massage rooms and are a very mini version of Whole Foods. Some of the best people in town will be there. Ed and Rachael, owners, are awesome as are everyone working there. While on the massage table, remember to dream of Whirrled Peas. ;-)

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
What about Spa Blu in Grayton? They are located in Uptown Grayton right across from Another Broken Egg.

Also there is a Spa at Watercolor.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
If you want a massage at your house or condo, Donna told me about Craig and Nancy McLaughlin. (850) 231-4220. Years ago I had a massage therapist come to the house for Bdarg's Father's Day gift- it's pretty decadent.:D Maybe we will both get a massage at the beach this year!!

HEY SJ!! I know what happens to the donut hole. In about 5 minutes, Kate will be giving a live demonstration - she eats a donut all around the hole, leaving a little bit, and of course, the empty hole. She obviously knows about something in that hole that we don't- I can't convince her to eat the wHOLE thing!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
If you want a massage at your house or condo, Donna told me about Craig and Nancy McLaughlin. (850) 231-4220. Years ago I had a massage therapist come to the house for Bdarg's Father's Day gift- it's pretty decadent.:D Maybe we will both get a massage at the beach this year!!

HEY SJ!! I know what happens to the donut hole. In about 5 minutes, Kate will be giving a live demonstration - she eats a donut all around the hole, leaving a little bit, and of course, the empty hole. She obviously knows about something in that hole that we don't- I can't convince her to eat the wHOLE thing!!!

That is a funny story of Kate and the hole in the donuts.

Another person to call for in house massages is Joleen. I don't have her number, but John R does. Ask him to pm it to you.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
yippie said:
What about Spa Blu in Grayton? They are located in Uptown Grayton right across from Another Broken Egg.

Also there is a Spa at Watercolor.
I am not saying anything negative about these two places, but they are not full service spas.