• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lsucajuns

Beach Lover
Jun 10, 2008
Dune Allen
hendersonscott66.wix.com
We are looking for a very young yellow or chocolate lab for a service dog for my step son.
He is having epileptic seizures and we were told that these dogs can detect them before they
Come on. They can be trained to help during and after the seizure as well. Please let me know if you know of someone that may want to part with one.

Thanks

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Paws With A Cause - Home Page

Not just labs. One of my neighbors was a trainer. Her pup didn't graduate, but my goodness, he was fabu.

There are many working dogs out there......I wish you the best of luck!

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
recently heard of a program that trains service dogs for vets needing assistace and for people with physical problems like seizures. The dogs can tell when a serzure is comming on. Alerts adults in the home, no adults the dog stays with the individual until seizure is passed. The dogs had even been trained to contact emts should person not regain consciousness. the staff purchased phones with only one button and that button, an oversized button, dialed emts only and emts had all information on patient. Program is run out of a Texas prison and places dogs all over the country. Story was on NPR and a search of the NPR site may turn up someyhing. Good luck....