• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dmarie

Beach Lover
Aug 22, 2007
Eden
Something's going on! Lots of police cars, ambulances, and a police boat in the water with flashing lights.... Anyone know what's going on. :dunno:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Haven't heard a thing...

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
Never heard anything about this incident.

I don't believe the following would be part of what you saw with ambulances, etc, but I do see that there is ongoing work along the east side of the 331 causeway. It appears that they have several boats out there, and have put in pilings with orange flashing lights, running parallel with the road, about 40 meters from the road. There are many big black pipes being prepared to be placed (into the water near those pilings I guess). I'm not positive, but I think that particular pipe is used to pump the pretreated sewage water from South Walton to spray fields located north of the bay.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Never heard anything about this incident.

I don't believe the following would be part of what you saw with ambulances, etc, but I do see that there is ongoing work along the east side of the 331 causeway. It appears that they have several boats out there, and have put in pilings with orange flashing lights, running parallel with the road, about 40 meters from the road. There are many big black pipes being prepared to be placed (into the water near those pilings I guess). I'm not positive, but I think that particular pipe is used to pump the pretreated sewage water from South Walton to spray fields located north of the bay.

I hope they have a blowout preventer.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
I hope they have a blowout preventer.
I believe that is something that you can buy at your local pharmacy.
http://www.brandpower.com/ssl/upload/Products02_ImmoLG.jpg
Products02_ImmoLG.jpg