• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
Teens arrested after party in rental unit
SANTA ROSA BEACH ? A group of teenagers face criminal charges after they illegally used a rental property to throw a party Saturday night, according to the Walton County Sheriff ?s Offi ce. The Sheriff ?s Office arrested 14 juveniles and three adult teens after a deputy found them partying at a rental property on County Road 30A, according to a news release. Their names were not released. The suspects took the rental property?s front door off its hinges to enter the unit, the release stated. The door was found later that night on a boardwalk near the beach. All the suspects have been charged with felony counts of burglary and fraud (defrauding an innkeeper), and a misdemeanor count each of criminal mischief, the release said.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
How sad the disregard and lack of respect for others and themselves! :dunno:
Did they do any damage to the unit?

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Great, there goes the neighborhood. :sosad: I dont think I have heard anything like that happening here before. The break in to st Ritas seemed to be the worse......Sad Sad Sad....

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
:eek:
I don't suppose they printed names in the paper since they were juveniles? Too bad because I like to know the names. I have teen siblings and it's nice to know who I should alert my mother about if I hear of them befriending known delinquents.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
Where I'm from, that's pretty tame behavior for delinquents - at least they were not armed with AK's and prowling for occupied homes. I wouldn't be too concerned, although it might be a wake-up call to those who view kids as bothersome. Walton County has to accept that famlies are here and provide for an array of activities for all ages. When kids are bored, they find trouble. Think about it next time you hush them at Ceruleans - you might be part of the reason they come "unhinged" later.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Here's the article from waltonsun.com. It has a little more info. The "adults" involved are from FWB and Niceville.

Routine traffic stop leads to 17 arrests

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 17, 2007
David Magliano
david_magliano@link.freedom.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police arrested 17 people, including 14 minors in Santa Rosa Beach Jan. 13 on third degree felony charges of burglary and fraud and first degree misdemeanor charges of criminal mischief.

The three adults have been identified as 19-year-old Martin Edwards of Fort Walton Beach and 18-year-olds Jacob Barnick and Johannes Dijkhuizen, both of Niceville.

During a traffic stop on County Road 30A, police heard yelling from a nearby party at a rental property. Police said people scattered from the building when they saw the flashing lights of the officer?s patrol car as he moved closer to investigate.

Police said the suspects illegally entered the rental property by removing the front door from its hinges. Along with further damage to the property, there was evidence of alcohol use, according to police.

Many of the arrests were made when additional units were called in and found suspects wandering the streets nearby. Police said several suspects were arrested when they returned to the scene to retrieve personal belongings they had left behind.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Not to diss Niceville kids, but weren't the kids that damaged St. Rita's also from Niceville. I agree that kids need to have outlets other than the malls, something to do with their time.

ckhagen

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2006
The St. Rita's vandals were from DeFuniak from what I heard on the news. Didn't they also vandalize the funeral home across from Walton High (where they attended school)?

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
This type of juvenile break in's and throwing parties happened twice in Destin last year. It involved Destin teens, Atlanta teens (visiting long term), and Ft. Walton Beach Teens. Both times, they trashed the places.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
This type of juvenile break in's and throwing parties happened twice in Destin last year. It involved Destin teens, Atlanta teens (visiting long term), and Ft. Walton Beach Teens. Both times, they trashed the places.
I guess that is one step better than having someone rent your place and cooking meth in it, like has been done in some condos in Ft Walton and PCB.