• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Most users ever online was 73, Today at 05:31 PM.

What about those numbers, RiverOtter? A few weeks ago, the highest number online at one time was about 15. I also notice that we flew past the 100 registered users mark, and are now approaching 200. Kurt, looks like you can up the rent for the ads. I think these numbers just show what a great job you are doing as the Board Creator.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
What about those numbers, RiverOtter? A few weeks ago, the highest number online at one time was about 15. I also notice that we flew past the 100 registered users mark, and are now approaching 200. Kurt, looks like you can up the rent for the ads. I think these numbers just show what a great job you are doing as the Board Creator.

Thanks - I'm enjoying it. :cool:

Most of those were unregistered guests lurking. At some point I expect we'll reach critical mass and it will really crank up. I could hardly keep up this morning. Thanks for all your help.

Have you figured out the gallery yet?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
Have you figured out the gallery yet?

Gallery, what gallery? Maybe one "rainy day," I'll putz around on here like Waterman on his rainy days at the Beach, and find the Gallery. Lately, I've just been too busy.

On Valentine's Day :love: , I used Hallmark.com to send a few e-cards. Yesterday, I received an email from them stating that while they thought they would be prepared to handle the heavy expected volume, they received almost double the volume, and their system was shut down the entire day :bang: , so the e-cards were not delivered. They offered an apology. The question I pose to you, Kurt, is, "are you ready for the heavy volume?" :dunno: (I am refering to your website -- some of us would be lost without it.)

You have developed a creative work that is somewhat self- sustaining and exponetially growing. There will come a point in time, when this Board gets so busy that even RiverOtter may not be able to keep on top of things. Hopefully, by that time, he and GraytonBound will be here and "living" the Board.
RiverOtter, my first smilies are going out to you. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Sorry to hear about your vd cards. I hope you didn't get in too much trouble.

We shouldn't have any problem handling the load.

There's a link to the gallery on the main page:
http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery

You can upload photos to your own album - no more photobucket.com needed. You can have your own categories, comments, etc. and you can share with your family and friends by sending them the link, or by sending e-cards (similar to but more reliable than Hallmark ;-) )

Are you a Realtor?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Woo-hoo! I found the gallery. That is pretty cool. I would post some pics, but I have to shrink some photos first. I gave up Internet Explorer for Mozilla Firefox and like it much better, but no longer have an instant reducer.

Smiling JOe said:
Gallery, what gallery? Maybe one "rainy day," I'll putz around on here like Waterman on his rainy days at the Beach, and find the Gallery. Lately, I've just been too busy.

On Valentine's Day :love: , I used Hallmark.com to send a few e-cards. Yesterday, I received an email from them stating that while they thought they would be prepared to handle the heavy expected volume, they received almost double the volume, and their system was shut down the entire day :bang: , so the e-cards were not delivered. They offered an apology. The question I pose to you, Kurt, is, "are you ready for the heavy volume?" :dunno: (I am refering to your website -- some of us would be lost without it.)

You have developed a creative work that is somewhat self- sustaining and exponetially growing. There will come a point in time, when this Board gets so busy that even RiverOtter may not be able to keep on top of things. Hopefully, by that time, he and GraytonBound will be here and "living" the Board.
RiverOtter, my first smilies are going out to you. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

:lolabove: Couldn't sleep last night cause my ears were burning!! :rofl: Because of my new employement situation I probably won't be able to keep up :D . It was sooooo cool to see peeps on the board (even lurkers) yesterday. It is taking off and just keeps getting better. :clap_1: Doing a great job Kurt! :cool: Graytonbound and are still trying to find time to get down there :dunno: Kids, work and did I mention kids :bang: are making the scheduling harder and harder this year. Can't wait to see everybody at the block party though :D We will make time for that unless we are out of the country :shock: .

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
Woo-hoo! I found the gallery. That is pretty cool. I would post some pics, but I have to shrink some photos first. I gave up Internet Explorer for Mozilla Firefox and like it much better, but no longer have an instant reducer.

Let me know if you have any Firefox issues or errors on the board. A lot of software is not fully compatible.

The gallery is supposed to automatically size down photos - and it does. But there is an issue with uploading pictures over 500k or so. So, it's not working quite right.

It is supposed to save the original, resize it to 600 pixels to display and then when you click on it it opens the original in it's own window.

Here is a link to the world's easiest image resizer from Microsoft. Click on it and select open and it will install. Once installed, all you have to do is right click on any pic file on your computer and it will give you several size options - it's that easy!
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
Let me know if you have any Firefox issues or errors on the board. A lot of software is not fully compatible.

The gallery is supposed to automatically size down photos - and it does. But there is an issue with uploading pictures over 500k or so. So, it's not working quite right.

It is supposed to save the original, resize it to 600 pixels to display and then when you click on it it opens the original in it's own window.

Here is a link to the world's easiest image resizer from Microsoft. Click on it and select open and it will install. Once installed, all you have to do is right click on any pic file on your computer and it will give you several size options - it's that easy!
http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

No problems so far, other than uploading large photo files to your gallery. By the way, Microsoft's program I have, yet, it is not compatible with other programs out of the Microsoft family,eg- HP and Mozilla. (those little stinkers :bang: )

Mozilla is awesome. It is free and they have an email program called Thunderbird, which can eliminate your need for Outlook. If you want to tear down the Giant, give it a try. You can still use MS Iternet Explorer, just set one or the other as the default. You wont go back to the monopoly after trying Mozilla Firefox. :clap_1:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
UPDATE

The photo gallery is up and running and I hope that people will add their beach photos, vacation pics - whatever. We'd love to see your vacation photos at the Beaches Of South Walton. It's a free online album that you can share with your friends and family.

Go to the gallery - http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery, click on "members' photo albums", click on the "upload" link at the top, and upload photo(s). Your uploaded photo(s) will create an album under your username. You can then create subcategories if you like.

You can upload pics of any size and big pics will automatically be reduced to 600 pixels wide or tall for easy viewing, click on the uploaded pic and the larger original opens in a new window.

Or you can upload pics under the General Gallery if you'd rather - you don't have to create your own album.

TIP - If you'd like to resize your photos on your computer, here is a link to the world's easiest picture resizer by Microsoft. Click on it and select run, and it will install. Once installed, all you have to do is right click on any pic file on your computer, select "Resize Pictures" and it will give you several size options - it's that easy!

Last edited:
kurt said:
UPDATE

The photo gallery is up and running and I hope that people will add their beach photos, vacation pics - whatever. We'd love to see your vacation photos at the Beaches Of South Walton. It's a free online album that you can share with your friends and family.

Kudos Kurt! :clap_1: This is a great service and very easy to use :bow: