1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

information on alys beach

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by sandstone, Feb 25, 2005.

1. sandstone

sandstone Beach Crab

Has anyone heard what's going on with the new development Alys Beach. Just curious .....

2. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I don't have any details or inside info - maybe someone else can help us out.

I drive by there all the time and they are well underway with one building completed and several others under construction on the North side. They look way to close to 30-A for my liking. I hope all the buildings in the there are not that close to the road.

The interior roads have been cut but not paved. I keep meaning to stop and take a photo.

I'm not sure but I don't know if any of us regular folk will have any chance at buying anything there, or affording it if we had the chance.

www.alysbeach.com

3. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

From what I've heard this is true. Need to know somebody real close to the developer to get in early. :sosad:

4. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

The homes at Alys Beach that are currently under construction are all under contract.

The first phase consists of a large section north of 30-A and a very small section to the south. The first release is either currently underway or to begin shortly. They will offer homes built by their constrution company, Wave Construction, and a small number of homesites to be built on by owner (with approved plans and contractor). The first phase will be released a few properties at a time, every few weeks. Lots will be $700,000 to $900,000 with construction starting 18-24 months after closing. There will be three different types of lots--the courtyard (such as what is currently under construction), the villa, and the family compound. All will be in the same style as is currently under construction.

Amenities will include all the usual--tennis, pools, beach club, etc. The town center will be built out before the residential is completed, but there is still about a 3 year time line before the commercial is started. Total build out for town will be over 10 years.

They have a data base of over 2,000 interested parties with 1/4 that many properties available. They plan to match interested parties to available properties and also offer some properties by sealed bid or some other random way. The data base has been complied since the development was announced 2 1/2 years ago. You could say that it functions somewhat like a waiting list.

All sales info is in person at the sales office onsite. For more info. make an appointment and stop by. It will be a beautiful project.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  5. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Do you work there?

6. Camp Creek Kid

No I don't work at Alys Beach. We live nearby so we have been keeping tabs on what is going on. I know the developers, town architects, and others involved. They are a very commited and creative group of people.

Alys Beach is going to be a family friendly place. In spite of what some may think, the developers are interested more in building a quality town than in making money. The market just happens to dictate sales prices. Also, they encourage people who are interested in actually living there to buy property. They'd like to see families and businesses, etc. They will have a rental program because it is a resort town, but it will also be a liveable place for year-round residents.

All homes will be entirely of concrete and hopefully hurricane proof. There is also an extensive environmental program to recycle building materials and to preserve the environment.

Obviously we would like to buy a lot in there, but just like everyone else, we are waiting in line.

They are trying to do everything right that is why things are going so slow at this intial stage.

7. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

Please keep us informed of all things Alys Beach, and anything else you like. :clap_1:

8. FoX

FoX Beach Fanatic

Ditto that CC Kid. Please post often. :wink:

9. Philip_Atlanta

Philip_Atlanta Beach Lover

10. Camp Creek Kid

The Alys Beach town map that is on the DPZ site is outdated.

11. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

:idontno: I just can't decide which gulf front lot I want :laughing1 :floor:

12. chrisv

chrisv Beach Fanatic

Ok, here's a totally useless question: How is Alys pronounced? Walton County SO and the South Walton FD pronounce it :"AL-eez" over the air, every realtor and banker I know says "AL-isss". Come on, I gotta know!

13. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

The answer the phone "Alice" as in Cooper. :cool:

14. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

When completed, Alys Beach will be the only 100% "hurricane proof" community along the Gulf of Mexico, so I hear.

The reason the lots are hard to get is that only the developer is selling them. I grew up with the Developer's son in law, who is actively involved in the project, and even I cannot get a lot, not that I would want to live there. It sounds really nice when you hear that a developer does not care about making money, but when it is the Developer's employees telling you that, you should stop to think. Sure, they may care about the type of community they are creating, but they would not be doing this if they did not have the chance to take a bundle back home to Alabama.

15. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

The first house nearing completion.

[​IMG]

16. RiverOtter

RiverOtter got any pics?

Yup, be moving in soon :roll: :D

17. Camp Creek Kid

Apparently, Ebsco (the developer of Alys Beach) is now one of the largest private land owners in Alabama. They are buying up property all over the place.

18. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Yes, but they are not doing it for the money.... Right. :clap_1:

19. Camp Creek Kid

Of course they are doing it for money. I only said that their main focus was on building a liveable, viable town. For example, the town center at Alys Beach will have controlled rents so that merchants can afford to do business there. Rosemary merchants are struggling because their rent is getting too high for them make a profit. Several businesses that were going to go into Rosemary have backed out. Alys Beach wants to make sure that doesn't happen. It is good for the town, and yes, it is good for the developer.

The sales prices at Alys Beach are at market value. If they wanted to, they could ask a lot higher and get it.

20. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

I think it's a smart and valuable part of the plan to have good, stable businesses. It makes a town a much more "real" place, and provides a draw to people not living/staying there. I look forward to having another place to visit.

Rest assured Ebsco is getting as high a price as possible (which is market value by definition), as any developer would.