• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga
When we were collecting trash yesterday we saw a fairly large bird on the beach that I'm assuming was injured. We did not get too close but it was not moving, just sitting down & looking over it's shoulder at me.

It was in front of one of the Rosemary beach walkovers, I think it must've been the WO closest to Inlet. Don't know if anybody here knows what to do about injured birds, but I'm afraid since more people are here today that some kids might scare her or try to touch her, if she's still there.

If anyone knows who to contact that would have time to check on her, please do, thanks!! :sosad:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
We were listening to the radio on the way home Monday, and someone called in to ask who would know how to care forr an injured pelican down on the beach. The suggestion then was Hart's Pets in Panama City- Phone # (850)769-8870

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I had a similar experience here at home recently. I looked out into my front yard and there was what appeared to be an injured redtail hawk sitting in my front yard. When I approached, it just kept looking at me over his shoulder. When I walked around in front of him, I saw that he had killed a huge fox squirrel and it was too big for him to fly with. So he was having lunch there!
:rotfl:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
For future use for after hours injured animals. There was a bird one evening hurt in front of store in Destin. He had flown into a wall and his little head was bleeding. The wildlife rescue was closed and I was afraid he wouldn't make it till the next day so I called an emergency veterinarian clinic who told me how to transfer him to the clinic. They took him in for nothing and fixed him up. I would never have picked him up on my own without calling first but there are also after hour vets that have very kind hearts. :clap_1: