• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seasidejmar

Beach Comber
Jul 22, 2012
i have an injured seabird in my yard. broken foot. alaqua cant help or emerald coast wildlifr rescur. somebody, please help me help this bird. thank you. jim

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
Some friends found an injured seagull near Eastern Lake a couple of years ago so we put it in a large dog kennel/crate and delivered it to the Veterinarian office on Panama City Parkway(Back Beach Road) It is across the street from St Bernadette's. I think I was referred there by calling FL Wildlife office in PCB.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
As far as I know, Breeze Animal Hospital may help and that was mentioned in the above post. However, Dr. Breeze is away and I wouldn't trust it's care to anyone else there. She is the exotic animal vet and also sees birds. I took a Loon there many, many years ago and now I rescue them myself. Loons often get beached by the rough surf and are completely helpless on land but since you found the bird in your back yard, it's not a Loon. I cannot believe that Emerald Coast Wildlife Refuge cannot help either. What possible reason could they give you for not taking the bird? Did you ever think of just dropping it off to someone working there? I volunteered there many, many years ago and they took in just about anything needing help. That shocks me that they wouldn't help you.