• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NSully

Beach Comber
Hi -

We are moving to the area in a few months and are getting ready to put a deposit down on a 1-year rental in an area we have never seen... crazy?

Anyway, does anyone have any comments/suggestions/input regarding the Village at Blue Mountain Beach?

I appreciate it!!!!!!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Hi -

We are moving to the area in a few months and are getting ready to put a deposit down on a 1-year rental in an area we have never seen... crazy?

Anyway, does anyone have any comments/suggestions/input regarding the Village at Blue Mountain Beach?

I appreciate it!!!!!!

What possessed you to do that?

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
It's nice from what I've seen. Definitely in a great area. There are a lot worse places you could blind move to, that's for sure.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Hi -

I appreciate it!!!!!!

Sure beats a blind purchase. The village has not done well at all in regards to resales. As a matter of fact it has never had one home sale that was a normal transaction. It has only had one short sale home ever. I call it the curse of the clear cut. It use to be a beautiful piece of property that spanned from 30A to 83. One of the few chunks that actually has hills. Then one day it was completely clear cut. The property has been surrounded by law suits, low sales, etc. since inception. Probably safe to rent for now and it could eventually turn around.

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Hi -

I appreciate it!!!!!!

Which house? I can tell you the physical characteristics of most of the single family homes while sitting in my living room.

You'll more or less own the place from November through mid-March. And probably won't mind the 15 or 20 extra people that are there during Spring Break and Summer.

I would say if you're just renting for a year you'll be fine. Most of the houses are nice and in good shape, some have never been lived in or rented. We live in Ventana Dunes just behind The Village in relation to the beach and love Blue Mountain. In SoWal terms you're "close" to lots of things; 2 miles from Grayton Beach, 4-1/2 miles from Seaside, 6 miles from Sandestin, etc. If you have kids schools are also "close." If you're coming here from civilization you'll have to get used to driving 10+ minutes to get to anything; but it's worth the trade off.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Sure beats a blind purchase. The village has not done well at all in regards to resales. As a matter of fact it has never had one home sale that was a normal transaction. It has only had one short sale home ever. I call it the curse of the clear cut. It use to be a beautiful piece of property that spanned from 30A to 83. One of the few chunks that actually has hills. Then one day it was completely clear cut. The property has been surrounded by law suits, low sales, etc. since inception. Probably safe to rent for now and it could eventually turn around.

As someone on this board has said: "Karma, it is real"

BottleBlonde82

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2008
Blue Mountain
yes, i would like to know which house also. We live in one of the houses here in the Village and we love it! We also two years ago moved "blind" here from Ohio! We started off in one of the condos here and then moved to a house. This is absolutely a great place to live. Our kids love it! We have a 24 hour pool, 24 hour fitness room, and also a cabana bar that sells drinks, smoothies, hotdogs, pretzels and bbq during the season. There are only a handful of us that live here year round, which is hard when you have children, but then again, most of 30a is like that. We are only about 4 miles to the school, and a hop skip and a jump to the beach. All in all, its beautiful here, free sand and sun, so anywhere you would be here in Sowal is fantastick!!!! Hope to meet yall soon! :welcome:

your new neighbors!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Your move to rent for a year is a good one. It will give you time to look around and decide where you really want to settle if it is somewhere other than the "Village at White Cliffs". It is a nice area but it appears the initial development and advertising of it were, to say the least, undesirable to many. I live close by and you have picked a wonderful area overall, IMO.