• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
The WCTA has confirmed that the attached document was presented to Ms. Maliterno for her consideration.

The attached agreement was originally authored by Karen Sheehan and was last edited by Lynn Miamoto. According to the metadata associated with the Microsoft Word is has been through 24 revisions with a total of 333 minutes spent in creation,revisions and editing.

The WCTA obtain the documents through a Public Records request.

The second document is the position description for the TDC Director.

View attachment 16924

View attachment 16925

Very interesting read.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I am not going to read the contract but I have heard rumblings to the effect that the chamber director was going to be offered a contract for interim director of the TDC, separate and apart from her duties as chamber director. Obviously what I heard had some credibility.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
WCTA, what exactly do you find interesting? I read the contract, and it sounds exactly like what Cecelia Jones had described to me in an email - a contract to an individual, to serve as the interim TDC director, not a contract between the Chamber and the BCC to run the TDC, which is what the newspaper described.

As long as there is an active search underway for the new TDC director and progress is being made in that direction, I agree with naming an interim director. I wish we had someone with more operational experience, but now that all of the TDC expenditures have to go through the county Finance Director, I think this is about the best we can do for now.

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
what is wrong with the person who is presently employed by the TDC and has been for years serving as Interim...I don't know her, so perhaps she is not interested, but it sure seems to make more sense than hiring a person (and I don't know her either) who has a full time job with a private agency that doesn't do tourism...but business. :dunno:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
That's a good point - I would recommend that you call/email your commissioner and ask them, I forgot that question.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
WCTA, what exactly do you find interesting? I read the contract, and it sounds exactly like what Cecelia Jones had described to me in an email - a contract to an individual, to serve as the interim TDC director, not a contract between the Chamber and the BCC to run the TDC, which is what the newspaper described.

As long as there is an active search underway for the new TDC director and progress is being made in that direction, I agree with naming an interim director. I wish we had someone with more operational experience, but now that all of the TDC expenditures have to go through the county Finance Director, I think this is about the best we can do for now.

We found the whole agreement interesting. It went through 34 revisions to get to where it is. When you see the metadata on the file you can see the changes made on each edit session. The document is vastly different from the original draft with whole provisions added, deleted and changed.

We will make a presentation at the next BCC meeting to express our viewpoint on specific provisions.

This is a quote from Commissioner C Jones that appeared on WJHG last evening.

"Where the confusion probably came in-- Dawn, to me, and the chamber are kind of synonymous. Whenever I made my motion, I was in hopes..And maybe I didn't clarify myself as well as I should of, but I was looking at Dawn Moliterno to step in as an interim until we can hire a full time new director."

Her original motion, which was read from a prepared statement, was for the "Chamber" to serve as the public/private entity to manage the TDC.

It was only after public comment that they agreed to add a proviso to begin a search.

Last edited:

beachlivinggr8

Beach Comber
Mar 3, 2008
The WCTA has confirmed that the attached document was presented to Ms. Maliterno for her consideration.

The attached agreement was originally authored by Karen Sheehan and was last edited by Lynn Miamoto. According to the metadata associated with the Microsoft Word is has been through 24 revisions with a total of 333 minutes spent in creation,revisions and editing.

The WCTA obtain the documents through a Public Records request.

The second document is the position description for the TDC Director.

View attachment 16924

View attachment 16925

Very interesting read.

Is the compensation for the entire length of the contract of per month? It's hard to tell. Has anyone checked her background? She claims to have 20 years working with TDC's, but wasn't she a consultant when she was hired to run the chamber? I wonder how her real experience stacks up to what her resume says.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
The compensation appears to be spelled out in this version, which is on the BCC agenda:

http://fl-waltoncounty.civicplus.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=2190 (section 5, p3)

So, the County is hiring an Independent Consultant, whose address is listed as the Walton County Area Chamber of Commerce; why isn't this a conflict of interest? this consultant will be Interim Director, but under the independent consulting terms, can not have an office in the TDC building, can not supervise employees of the County; and neither the county commissioners nor the TDC commissioners have any control over her except as spelled out in this contract.

So, just what is it that the County wants done under these terms?

Certainly seems strange to me.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
So, the County is hiring an Independent Consultant, whose address is listed as the Walton County Area Chamber of Commerce; why isn't this a conflict of interest? this consultant will be Interim Director, but under the independent consulting terms, can not have an office in the TDC building, can not supervise employees of the County; and neither the county commissioners nor the TDC commissioners have any control over her except as spelled out in this contract.

So, just what is it that the County wants done under these terms?

Certainly seems strange to me.

They want her to make sure Southwest is happy. That's about the size of it. They will be finishing up the audit and at that point, I am guessing that the staff/board will be changing, and they want to make sure that just because we're being our usual dysfunctional family self of a county, Southwest doesn't start ignoring us.