• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Last week, Danny was on Facebook, calmly saying that he will explain everything to everyone's satisfaction. Yesterday, on the 6 o'clock news channel 13, he was this fuming bully, yelling "how dare you!" I guess he decided not to "explain everything".
DENY DENY DENY - DEFLECT - from his hero Trump's playbook

something Glidewell denies.
“I’ll say right now that’s a dadgum lie,” he said. “I have never done that, I will not do that, and whoever said it is a boldface liar and they hid behind anonymity, and I have great issue with that. If you got something to say to me, say it in public.”

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Please tell us which things didn't happen.
Yes please.. tell us which things didn’t happen… Claiming Danny doesn’t drink doesn’t prove he didn’t make an alcohol purchase…maybe he purchased it for his family friends or a party! All five “clowns” need to resign or be fired They’ve done a despicable job allowing all the negative development harming Walton County while spending our tax dollars on lavish travel, hotel rooms etc. Common sense should tell any elected official it’s wrong. This behavior is the tip of the iceberg.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Yes please.. tell us which things didn’t happen… Claiming Danny doesn’t drink doesn’t prove he didn’t make an alcohol purchase…maybe he purchased it for his family friends or a party! All five “clowns” need to resign or be fired They’ve done a despicable job allowing all the negative development harming Walton County while spending our tax dollars on lavish travel, hotel rooms etc. Common sense should tell any elected official it’s wrong. This behavior is the tip of the iceberg.
I guess I'm a hypocrite because if they halted most development and stopped advertising for tourists I'd let them use my tax dollars for scotch.

SUP Boarder

Beach Lover
Jun 12, 2019
Seacrest
I guess I'm a hypocrite because if they halted most development and stopped advertising for tourists I'd let them use my tax dollars for scotch.
Agree! Because I'd be spending more time relaxing on the beach, riding a bike on the path, eating out at local restaurants, driving down 30A, and enjoying the quietness of the state parks instead of worrying about the spending habits of county commissioners.

"Success of a town is not measured by it's growth, but by it's impact on it's people"
-John Dutton, Yellowstone

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Agree! Because I'd be spending more time relaxing on the beach, riding a bike on the path, eating out at local restaurants, driving down 30A, and enjoying the quietness of the state parks instead of worrying about the spending habits of county commissioners.

"Success of a town is not measured by it's growth, but by it's impact on it's people"
-John Dutton, Yellowstone
Dream on guys! These five were given our votes to represent the best interests of us residents and taxpayers to keep development and tourism dollars in check. And we paid for the Scotch anyway!! Our tax dollars!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Please tell us which things didn't happen.
Did you attend the meeting or watch it online? If you did, you'd know.
I do not have the time to make a running list, but for starters...two commissioners were tasked with improper county vehicle fuel procedures and those two do not even use a county vehicle. They confused Tony Anderson with a Public Works employee by the same name. And the only time alcohol was placed on a pcard, it was two bottles of beer at a meeting and it was paid back as soon as the commissioner found out that part of a meal was disallowed. There is much more. Most of it could have been cleared up if the auditors had taken the time to discuss their findings with the board, or at least conducted an exit interview. Alas, that wasnt done.
I'm sure there have been accidental mistakes, and those will be found and corrected. I'm equally sure there is no intentional impropiety. Not because they are elected officials, but because we know four of them very, very well.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I do not have the time to make a running list, but for starters...two commissioners were tasked with improper county vehicle fuel procedures and those two do not even use a county vehicle. They confused Tony Anderson with a Public Works employee by the same name. And the only time alcohol was placed on a pcard, it was two bottles of beer at a meeting and it was paid back as soon as the commissioner found out that part of a meal was disallowed. There is much more. Most of it could have been cleared up if the auditors had taken the time to discuss their findings with the board, or at least conducted an exit interview. Alas, that wasnt done.
I'm sure there have been accidental mistakes, and those will be found and corrected. I'm equally sure there is no intentional impropiety. Not because they are elected officials, but because we know four of them very, very well.
DUH.. How well do you know them… You’re so defensive of them so you must know them very very well

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
D
Doesn't match up with the receipts. There are serious, documented incidences of fraud, if not theft. I don't think you want to be on the wrong side of the law with your friends.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

Did they ask Dede? Did they give Dede an exit interview?

They're all hypocrites, but Danny takes the cake as a Pastor.