• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com

Come out and join beach loving locals for the Ocean Conservancy’s 2017 International Coastal Cleanup on Saturday, September 16, 2017. We can all help keep South Walton's beaches clean and pristine! This year, several efforts are underway on the beach, in parks and along bay shores. It's easy to get involved, there is no age limit or special skills required. Supplies and water to be provided to all volunteers.

Continue reading...

What do you think? We all need community feedback, ideas, suggestions ... please share!

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
I will be at Blue Mtn Beach access to clean up my neighborhood beach. Not official location, so I will just bring my own bag & gloves. I noticed today that it needs attention around parking area and of course, the beach itself.

SO grateful today that we aren't all out cleaning things up with chainsaws from Irma! :wave:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
International Beach Cleanup Saturday Sept 6: LOCATIONS

Join Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles and Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance are coordinating events for the community to help clean up the beaches and shores all throughout Walton County, Florida. Bring your water bottle, sunscreen and hat and help make a difference.

9-11 am | Beach Locations Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles
Miramar Beach Regional Access (near Pompano Joe's)
Ed Walline Beach Access at Gulf Place (Scenic 30A)
Inlet Beach Regional Access (Orange St)
Follow Friends of South Walton on Facebook for updates

9-11 am | Other Locations Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance
Eagle Creek (along Hwy 20 west of Choctaw Beach)
Norriego Point (Destin)
Follow Choctawhatchee Basin Alliance on Facebook for updates

Come out to lend a hand during this year's International Coastal Cleanup or organize your own cleanup with friends and family along shores you love. Nearly 12 million people and counting have been part of the world's biggest volunteer effort to protect the ocean..... Will you join us this year? Come be a part of the change you wish to see in the world and help minimize the negative impact debris has on the ocean by removing it from our beaches.

Thanks to volunteers around the world, the International Coastal Cleanup has become a beacon of hope, leading and inspiring action in support of our ocean. Over the years, this movement has created a family that spans oceans and country borders. A network that works together for something bigger than us. To our global network, we thank you.

More info: www.oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park Coastal Cleanup

Join Topsail Hill Preserve State Park on International Coastal Cleanup Day for a beach cleanup on Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 9:15a.m. - 11:00a.m. Help keep the beach safe for the threatened and endangered species that call the beach home by minimizing the impact of marine debris on the beach and in the Gulf.

To register as a beach cleanup volunteer please call 850-267-8330 and provide your name, email address, phone number and number of people coming. You can also sign up for the park's digital newsletter about park programs, events and activities at the same time.

Volunteer check in is at Tram Stop #3 (after the 9am tram arrives). Volunteers need to bring hat, sunscreen and water bottle and dress appropriately for the weather. Gloves, trash bags and buckets will be provided.

Registered volunteers receive free admission during event.