• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beasmiester

Beach Lover
Sep 1, 2009
I'm guessing most of you are saying "well that's a stupid question, of course I am". I'm not questioning how you help your own son or daughter or maybe in some cases the kid next door or some one at school.
I want to propose to you that there are more kids in Walton County that live below the poverty level than you would ever imagine. When I heard the numbers, I was shocked and I'm sure you would be to. It's in the 10's of thousands and it's not just North of the Bay and in the rural areas. We have them right here in "Our Paradise of South Walton"! We don't see them along 30A or along Hwy.98 from Carollon through Destin. But folks they are there, we probably don't see them in Publix or Winn-Dixie or the stores we shop in, in truth we don't want to see them!
What's the solution? I wish that I had the crystal ball that will give us the solution.

I joined a Club some months ago and it's a Great Club, it's the Freeport/South Walton Kiwanis Club and I have found joy and a sense of accomplishment in working with these Great folks. We had our 10th Anniversary, two weeks ago and the celebration was very well received by politicians from Freeport and our own Sheriff. We're now looking forward to our 20th Anniversary What's amazing about this club is that in the last 10-years, we have donated over $100,000 to benefit the kids in our area, no money leaves this area. That amount of money was raised by the club through; Pecan sales, the flags that you see along Hwy. 313 and many neighbors hoods north of the Bay and our annual Golf Tournament.
Our Club is solvent and we spend everything we make on the kids.

Now, I get to the purpose of this message! Our Club has around 30 members and maybe 4 from South Walton! We the folks of South Walton need to show more support for what we do for the kids.. Please, consider joining our club, we need some younger folks and we're open for guys and ladies. Our meetings take place the first and last Wednesday of each month at 8:00AM at the South Walton Library. The next meeting is September 20.

If you are like I was and need to meet new friends and want to contribute to your community, please come join us.
Find out more at our FaceBook page "Freeport/South Walton Kiwanis" Our give me a call at 819-0089 and come as my guest!
Larry Beasley

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I'm guessing most of you are saying "well that's a stupid question, of course I am". I'm not questioning how you help your own son or daughter or maybe in some cases the kid next door or some one at school.
I want to propose to you that there are more kids in Walton County that live below the poverty level than you would ever imagine. When I heard the numbers, I was shocked and I'm sure you would be to. It's in the 10's of thousands and it's not just North of the Bay and in the rural areas. We have them right here in "Our Paradise of South Walton"! We don't see them along 30A or along Hwy.98 from Carollon through Destin. But folks they are there, we probably don't see them in Publix or Winn-Dixie or the stores we shop in, in truth we don't want to see them!
What's the solution? I wish that I had the crystal ball that will give us the solution.

I joined a Club some months ago and it's a Great Club, it's the Freeport/South Walton Kiwanis Club and I have found joy and a sense of accomplishment in working with these Great folks. We had our 10th Anniversary, two weeks ago and the celebration was very well received by politicians from Freeport and our own Sheriff. We're now looking forward to our 20th Anniversary What's amazing about this club is that in the last 10-years, we have donated over $100,000 to benefit the kids in our area, no money leaves this area. That amount of money was raised by the club through; Pecan sales, the flags that you see along Hwy. 313 and many neighbors hoods north of the Bay and our annual Golf Tournament.
Our Club is solvent and we spend everything we make on the kids.

Now, I get to the purpose of this message! Our Club has around 30 members and maybe 4 from South Walton! We the folks of South Walton need to show more support for what we do for the kids.. Please, consider joining our club, we need some younger folks and we're open for guys and ladies. Our meetings take place the first and last Wednesday of each month at 8:00AM at the South Walton Library. The next meeting is September 20.

If you are like I was and need to meet new friends and want to contribute to your community, please come join us.
Find out more at our FaceBook page "Freeport/South Walton Kiwanis" Our give me a call at 819-0089 and come as my guest!
Larry Beasley

Larry, you have been a great addition to our Club and your help with the Flag Program has been tremendous! I just wanted to add a few comments and make a correction. More than a third of Walton County children are living in poverty and 60% of students in North Walton receive free or reduced lunches. With a few dozen members, our small Club has made a difference in the lives of many; just think of what we could do if we double or even triple our membership! If you can't join, please (and many of you have) support our golf tournament, pecan sales and Flag Program. We meet the first and third Wednesday of the month and would love to have you visit us, especially on the third Wednesdays when we recognize the outstanding students.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Good stuff, Larry. We are scheduled to come down next week. If we don't, we don't. Hopefully you guys will only get a little rain. Heartbreaking for so many. Ellen