• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Joe `s words "With a finance background in investment banking and real estate, my focus is to bring sensibility to today's complexities in both fields. I maintain both series 7 & 66 investment licenses and a real estate brokerage license in the state of North Carolina".

Could you explain that one to me a little more? Give me the dumbed down version please.

ClintClint

Beach Fanatic
Jul 2, 2008
Joe `s words "With a finance background in investment banking and real estate, my focus is to bring sensibility to today's complexities in both fields. I maintain both series 7 & 66 investment licenses and a real estate brokerage license in the state of North Carolina".

Ah, fresh meat for the piranhas waving their Glamour Shots.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Would you explain the process of shorting a stock to me one more time?

You can do it through your investment account. The downside to shorting is that theoretically you can loose an infinite amount of money, compared to going long where all you risk is your capital investment. When you short a stock you borrow shares, sell them, and sign a contract promising to return those shares at a later date, which you buy on the open market. You're betting the share price drops, because if you borrow shares, sell them at say 1.00 per, then buy shares at 0.50 and return them, you've made 50%.

Last edited: