• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Why isn't it allowed? :dunno:

Certainly it meets the height requirement, and if designed properly could have less pavement/heat gain and more greenery than most Sowal houses and developments.

I have been agitating for a bowling alley or similiar underage/non bar evening activity. Mini golf would be FUNN and would give the gangs of teens something to do besides ride unlit bikes in the dark and scream the F word!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Why isn't it allowed? :dunno:

Certainly it meets the height requirement, and if designed properly could have less pavement/heat gain and more greenery than most Sowal houses and developments.

I have been agitating for a bowling alley or similiar underage/non bar evening activity. Mini golf would be FUNN and would give the gangs of teens something to do besides ride unlit bikes in the dark and scream the F word!

Someone more familiar with the LDC would have to answer that question. Hard to believe you have never been curious as to why there are no such facilities in sowal though.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I didn't think there wasn't one because it was specifically forbidden, I figured there wasn't one due to lack of year-round demand/profit margin.

While mini-golf would be funn on occassion, it isn't even on the list of 20 things I would like to have here.

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
I think it would be quite popular most of the year. I don't know how the numbers work on one of those places but it seems the cost of land may be too high? Maybe if it were combined with go carts, arcade, etc. like the track in Destin.

barefootguy

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
We like The Track in Destin, but it seems that whenever we decide to go they're not open. We don't like to go when it's busy, and I guess they don't like to be open when it's not.

The Window Guy

Beach Fanatic
Mar 6, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
HOPE NOT!!!!!

Once it starts, the next thing you will have is go carts, ferris wheels,
"kiddi rides" and other commercialized junk! Then, why not have fast food drive-ins and then a Walmart. The entire draw to southwal is the chance to get away from things like that and enjoy nature and the area.
Maybe one day we can have MTV here too.............................

Remember: every snoball starts with just one snowflake!!!

Keep it all in Destin or PCB!!

Just my opinion!!!

Thanks

meigsart

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2006
I think the scenic corridor totally nipped that in the bud, but even before that it was not allowed, if I remember correctly. How about an arty upscale version. It could look like a piece of art. It could be away from the road. I have always thought it would be nice to have something like that for kids. I want to be involved!!!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
One would think a good hedge or putting it away from the road would solve any "scenic" issues. :dunno:

Or just do something tastefull - more Alys gatehouse than clown's mouth, xeriscape native plants instead of palm trees and astroturf etc.