• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Just wondering if the fountain at the Villages of South Walton is completed yet. Someone on this board said they were trying to complete it by March 20. Any photos of a completed fountain yet? It's near one of my favorite ice cream shops on 30A - the Carvel ice cream place.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
As of last weekend it was still not running, but almost. The bricks, fountain heads and landscaping were in place. John and I were sitting at O Henry's (enjoying a really delicious double espresso!) watching them installing the "brain" panel last Saturday. I sure hope the fountain has colored lights. I'm really looking forward to seeing it too.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
The sod looked laid yesterday so I am hoping that it will be soon.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
The suspense of this thread is killing me... photos please when completed. O'Henry's is where we get our Carvel ice cream (they have other good desserts as well). I haven't yet tried their sandwiches and other foods but will do so soon, especially with the fountain to look at. I hope kids can run in the fountain.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Paula said:
The suspense of this thread is killing me... photos please when completed. O'Henry's is where we get our Carvel ice cream (they have other good desserts as well). I haven't yet tried their sandwiches and other foods but will do so soon, especially with the fountain to look at. I hope kids can run in the fountain.

Not done yet but getting close! Wires still sticking up. I walk by almost daily and will try to post a pic when it's up and going.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Here are some photos (they are not that great) I took around 2:15 today of the fountain. I am not sure when it will be on... but the orange fence is DOWN!!!!
thevillage005.jpg
thevillage006.jpg

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
The fountain was on when we drove past at 5:30 p.m.! Looks like a lot of fun, but it is very close to the road so keep a good eye on your kids.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
YEA!!!!! I can not wait!!!!:lol: :D
Camp Creek Kid said:
The fountain was on when we drove past at 5:30 p.m.! Looks like a lot of fun, but it is very close to the road so keep a good eye on your kids.