• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

austintx89

Beach Comber
May 24, 2009
Hi! We have plans to be in 30a a few day’s before thanksgiving but it looks like the weather is cooler than usual for this time of the year. How warm is the water? Could kids/teens swim or play in the ocean? Forecast is high in the 60’s and low in the 50’s. Wasn’t sure of the water temperature and if we should postpone our trip. Thx!

austintx89

Beach Comber
May 24, 2009
Or is there a good website that would provide this info? Couldn’t find one with an extended forecast of the water temp. Thx!

Last edited:

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
People swim in SoWal all year round.
Locals maybe not. Depends on where you are from.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
I surf fish there every Thanksgiving week. At 70 the water is tolerable but the real key is getting warm and dry when you get out. If it is windy it can be a bear.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
I watched two boys walk out into the water deep yesterday to throw a football. The air temperature was about 66°, and it was about a steady 6 mile an hour wind. I was dressed in sweats, with a throw, and was freezing. They made me feel even colder!

dcgoz

Beach Lover
May 12, 2008
MagicSeaweed is a good sight for wave and water temp info. And like some others have said, there will be some people in the water regardless of date or temp (myself included). The cold water is great for inflammation.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
MagicSeaweed is a good sight for wave and water temp info. And like some others have said, there will be some people in the water regardless of date or temp (myself included). The cold water is great for inflammation.
Great site, thanks. It says the water temp in PCB is 72.

dcgoz

Beach Lover
May 12, 2008
I was there Friday through yesterday and swam every day. But i've got a lot of .. insulation... :) The water was crystal clear.