• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
hutch said:
I have some openings for part-time professional people. Is there a place a company can place job openings in our area?

When I was looking I would always look in the Walton Sun... That was just about the only place I could think of. Depending on the nature of the job, does the Chamber of Commerce have anywhere to post?

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I hear from lots of people that Monster.com is where most people look and/or post resumes. I check it fairly often and it seems to be good, organized and kept up to date. At least in our area of the country, not many people actually check the newspapers anymore. We're pretty much "paperless." Eveything is done electronically.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Hutch..I see you have Lake Burton as one of your locations...when I lived in Atlanta I went to Lake Burton every weekend with friends and absolutely loved it. One of the prettiest places I have ever seen. It was always interesting meeting the locals from Clayton county! Do you have a place there? My friend sold their place a few years back so I never get up there any more.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Franny said:
Hutch..I see you have Lake Burton as one of your locations...when I lived in Atlanta I went to Lake Burton every weekend with friends and absolutely loved it. One of the prettiest places I have ever seen. It was always interesting meeting the locals from Clayton county! Do you have a place there? My friend sold their place a few years back so I never get up there any more.

Is Lake Burton near Tallulah Falls?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
hutch said:
Thanks for both of your suggestions. Not much luck with newspaper ads for programmers and sales people. But, I will give them a call.

the hutch- old actors have to do something.

I don't think advertising is the problem. Most likely the solution would be to bump up the wage/benefit packages so they'll be able to compete in the SoWal area economy.

hutch

Beach Lover
Yes, I still own a house on Lake Burton. Enjoy going to Clayton and eating at the local drug store for lunch. Good place to catch up on the local gossip.
Our house is on Blalock Goldmine road. We do not get up often, but really enjoy it when we do. Need to keep the lake house in case Mother Nature destroys this one. At least I will have some where for me and by dogs (LABS) can go. Property value there is about the same as here. Anyone wanted to buy mountain land needs to do it now.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

hutch

Beach Lover
SJ Yes, Lake Burton is near Talluhah Falls. Need to buy property in the mountains of GA, NC now before it gets like beach front here. Some areas have already reached our prices. Mountain people are driving Range Rovers now and laughing all the way to the bank. :D