• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
I just read on another board that a math teacher at South Walton High is one of Okaloosa County's rejects. Seems that a 26 year old teacher was arrested in Okaloosa County late last year for DUI and was dismissed from her teaching job there, and Walton apparently snapped her up.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So she doesn't deserve a second chance or is there another reason for your issue with this? Even responsible adults make mistakes, if this was something that was reoccurring I might be concerned. Just my 2 cents

j p nettles

Banned
Jul 1, 2012
Ebro
So she doesn't deserve a second chance or is there another reason for your issue with this? Even responsible adults make mistakes, if this was something that was reoccurring I might be concerned. Just my 2 cents

Aren't there some questions on the teacher application about being arrested? And it obviously was serious enough for the Okaloosa School District to dismiss her. But Queen Carlene only dismisses teacher for being over qualified.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
OMG! If this is true, we have some big problems. I know we have some bad teachers but this is ridiculous. Don't they do background checks on employees?

BJackson

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2010
Blue Mountain Beach, Florida
Yes, Bob, everyone deserves a second chance. This lady was given a second chance when she was hired in Okaloosa County following a conviction of criminal mischief and battery on a law enforcement officer in 2007. She obviously threw the second chance away when she was arrested for DUI and cocaine possession 3 weeks after she started work.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Yes, Bob, everyone deserves a second chance. This lady was given a second chance when she was hired in Okaloosa County following a conviction of criminal mischief and battery on a law enforcement officer in 2007. She obviously threw the second chance away when she was arrested for DUI and cocaine possession 3 weeks after she started work.
And if that was how this thread started I may have taken a different view. Although I do despise those who drive drunk we have laws that are to address the punishment of it. I do have serious issue with the battery on an LEO. Guess we will see what happens.
I remember quite a few years ago, a unmarried teacher became pregnant and lost her job, curious how that would play to this crowd?