• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I have a friend that has a 2010 Toyota Tacoma PU. He's had it since about last spring. He was called by the dealership today and told that they had a customer who really wanted a used truck like his. They offered him pretty great savings on a 2011 if he would come trade his truck in for the other customer.

Have any of you heard of this or ever been approached by a dealership like this?

Personally, I would only do it if they sold me the new 2011 for what I had owing on my 2010 with no difference in payoff or time financed. I.E. the only change I would accept is me driving a brand new truck for the same price and payoff time.

Red Dawg

Beach Lover
Feb 14, 2008
SoWal
Yes, this is true, I have a tacoma and PC Toyota has called several times wanting me to trade. I even went and looked at a new one, but the deal wasn't that great.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
No scam, but you're going to get a better deal going the private sale route instead of a trade-in. Seems like these kinds of things pop up when a dealer is facing the end of a quarter or year and is projecting they'll be just short of some sort of sales target incentive from the parent auto company or is moving inventory around for tax purposes.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Cool, I'll pass it along. I know that when I bought my Tacoma in '09 I was set to buy a used one for around 21K. I found an '06 with 48K miles on it for 16K even from a private individual wanting to sell. It was and has been a great deal!