• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gearup

Beach Crab
Jun 20, 2017
Atlanta (Relocating)
Hello,

My family is starting the migration south to Florida from Georgia, and I am attempting to come with them. As I'm not quite close enough to retirement, gainful employment is required. Currently I am located in Atlanta, Georgia but as mentioned I'm looking to relocate to the South Walton area to be near family.

I'm currently employee in the IT field with 10+ years experience - ranging from networking, security, infrastructure, web hosting and cloud services. (Office 365/Azure). Towards the end of this post is a brief summary of my previous roles.

On top of my experience in the IT field, I do also have some experience in construction and low voltage electrical work. There are many different areas where an individual with my skills could be useful. Please feel free to contact me with an questions or to request a full resume.

Professional Experience
June, 2016 – Present
IT Systems Administrator

On premise infrastructure management and administration

Office 365 administration

Azure Research and Development

November, 2013 – January, 2016
Sr Systems Administrator and Hosting​

Architected, deployed, monitored and maintained multiple HA web hosting production environments, staging, QA, lower level development environments, corporate infrastructure, Office 365 and disaster recovery facilities. All environments supported by traditional physical infrastructure, hybrid cloud environments, third party hosted cloud services and internal supported virtual environments. Internal end-user desktop and corporate IT support.

July, 2013 – November, 2013

Independent consulting for local small businesses and individuals. Projects include, Office 365 migration, network stack upgrades, SIP/VoIP system deployment and Active Directory consulting.

September, 2012 – July, 2013

Web Operations Manager

Maintained position as an on-call engineer, while managing a team of Release Managers, Analysts and Engineers. Various technologies were utilized in this position and team; content delivery networks, hardware load balancing, management of the physical infrastructure and the monitoring of the infrastructure and systems. To gain an eye into the environment, Splunk and OpenNMS were deployed. In order to ensure proper promotion of code and applications throughout all environments a JenkinsCI (continus intergration) server was deployed using Subversion for code revisions. SQL integration tools were also used at the various levels, using a suite of products from RedGate for MSSQL with some use of Toad and Workbench for MySQL. Other duties include but are not limited to, budgeting, vendor relations, staffing open positions and holding a position within the Tech Management group.

March, 2011 – September, 2012

Web Operations Engineer​

Manage production web hosting and cloud services infrastructure. Working intimately with Project, Account and Development departments.

July, 2007— March, 2011

Network Administrator​

Managed SMB support, provided hosted services support to clients, developed, implemented and administered backup and disaster recovery initiatives for back office, hosted and SMB clients.​

February 2005 - July 2007
IT Technologist​

Provided on-site and remote support to SMB Clients​

Thank you for your time and considerations,

Jason

gearup

Beach Crab
Jun 20, 2017
Atlanta (Relocating)
Thanks for the heads up. If nothing else, IT skills translate well into other areas. Project Management or something along those lines. As I also mentioned I am somewhat handy. Also willing to learn a new trade. I'm a pretty quick study given the proper tools and information.

Snowbean

Beach Comber
Feb 24, 2012
Hook up with a contracting firm like TekSystems in Destin. They can probably get you some work with the Military Base in the area (fairly large employer)

Hello,

My family is starting the migration south to Florida from Georgia, and I am attempting to come with them. As I'm not quite close enough to retirement, gainful employment is required. Currently I am located in Atlanta, Georgia but as mentioned I'm looking to relocate to the South Walton area to be near family.

I'm currently employee in the IT field with 10+ years experience - ranging from networking, security, infrastructure, web hosting and cloud services. (Office 365/Azure). Towards the end of this post is a brief summary of my previous roles.

On top of my experience in the IT field, I do also have some experience in construction and low voltage electrical work. There are many different areas where an individual with my skills could be useful. Please feel free to contact me with an questions or to request a full resume.

Professional Experience
June, 2016 – Present
IT Systems Administrator

On premise infrastructure management and administration

Office 365 administration

Azure Research and Development

November, 2013 – January, 2016
Sr Systems Administrator and Hosting​

Architected, deployed, monitored and maintained multiple HA web hosting production environments, staging, QA, lower level development environments, corporate infrastructure, Office 365 and disaster recovery facilities. All environments supported by traditional physical infrastructure, hybrid cloud environments, third party hosted cloud services and internal supported virtual environments. Internal end-user desktop and corporate IT support.

July, 2013 – November, 2013

Independent consulting for local small businesses and individuals. Projects include, Office 365 migration, network stack upgrades, SIP/VoIP system deployment and Active Directory consulting.

September, 2012 – July, 2013

Web Operations Manager

Maintained position as an on-call engineer, while managing a team of Release Managers, Analysts and Engineers. Various technologies were utilized in this position and team; content delivery networks, hardware load balancing, management of the physical infrastructure and the monitoring of the infrastructure and systems. To gain an eye into the environment, Splunk and OpenNMS were deployed. In order to ensure proper promotion of code and applications throughout all environments a JenkinsCI (continus intergration) server was deployed using Subversion for code revisions. SQL integration tools were also used at the various levels, using a suite of products from RedGate for MSSQL with some use of Toad and Workbench for MySQL. Other duties include but are not limited to, budgeting, vendor relations, staffing open positions and holding a position within the Tech Management group.

March, 2011 – September, 2012

Web Operations Engineer​

Manage production web hosting and cloud services infrastructure. Working intimately with Project, Account and Development departments.

July, 2007— March, 2011

Network Administrator​

Managed SMB support, provided hosted services support to clients, developed, implemented and administered backup and disaster recovery initiatives for back office, hosted and SMB clients.​

February 2005 - July 2007
IT Technologist​

Provided on-site and remote support to SMB Clients​

Thank you for your time and considerations,

Jason
Hello Jason - If you are still looking for a job, we have a sales position open. We are located on 30A. If this is something you might be interested in please email me at aowens@sterlingresorts.com