• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
Hi All,

My husband, teenage daughter, and I leaving for a week at Watersound this Friday (Aug. 1). It's been 13 years since we last vacationed on the panhandle of Florida. We stayed at a condo at Emerald Hill at Seagrove Beach last time. I'm sure there will be many changes to the area. We will be driving all the way from Maryland (suburbs of DC), so it will be about a 16 hour drive which we will break up into 2 days. I can't wait to get back!

I'm starting to do some research into places to eat, go grocery shopping, etc. I'm hoping the weather will be good while we are there (no hurricanes or tropical storms). What are the water temps now?

There is a wealth of information on these message boards, so I'm sure they will be helpful.

Lisa

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
:welcome: luvthebeach!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation. As others have stated you are in for some big surprises! Wait until you see the gorgeous beaches at Watersound and the beautiful dunes, you won't want to stay any other place. OK, ok, I'm a bit biased. :D Let me know if you have any questions about Watersound. Where are ya'll staying there? House or condo? Don't miss all of the beautiful trails around our developement, bubbling sands pit, puttering park, doggie park, yacht pond, preserve that joins the Deer Lake State Park. Stunning. Be sure and eat the Watersound Cafe that is in the main gatehouse, yummy fresh made food daily. The breakfast burrito is my favorite.

luvthebeach57

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2008
Columbia, MD
:welcome: luvthebeach!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation. As others have stated you are in for some big surprises! Wait until you see the gorgeous beaches at Watersound and the beautiful dunes, you won't want to stay any other place. OK, ok, I'm a bit biased. :D Let me know if you have any questions about Watersound. Where are ya'll staying there? House or condo? Don't miss all of the beautiful trails around our developement, bubbling sands pit, puttering park, doggie park, yacht pond, preserve that joins the Deer Lake State Park. Stunning. Be sure and eat the Watersound Cafe that is in the main gatehouse, yummy fresh made food daily. The breakfast burrito is my favorite.

The photos I have seen of Watersound look breathtaking. We are staying in a Compass Point condo and will have a view of the gulf. I'm really looking forward to exploring the Watersound area.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The photos I have seen of Watersound look breathtaking. We are staying in a Compass Point condo and will have a view of the gulf. I'm really looking forward to exploring the Watersound area.

You are going to walk into your place- and pass out in amazement. I think Watersound is one of the most beautiful places on 30A!:clap: Great choice- have a great week!

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Have a safe trip! My brother and his wife live about halfway between DC and Annapolis, and you are correct, it is a LONG drive!

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound

Yay! Then you will be able to see our house, hope to see you around! I know your stay will be incredible. Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

You are going to walk into your place- and pass out in amazement. I think Watersound is one of the most beautiful places on 30A!:clap: Great choice- have a great week!

So do I jdarg. I think I need to just move down and be the Watersound Welcome Wagon just to make sure no one misses a thing.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Welcome back!!!
Watersound is, indeed, beautiful! I had the pleasure of staying there a few years back and the trails through the dunes are amazing! Wonderful views! The pool and beach club are tons of funn! Have a mojito poolside! :clap: