• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
If I understand correctly the logic of the nattering nabobs of negativity (i.e. day traders), it is not to buy real estate in a buyer's market.

Is it really a buyer's market if sales are in the tank? :dunno: I think it is the day traders who muddied the waters in the first place;as a matter of fact, many of those titans of speculation are now the proud owners of unflippable property. :lol:

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Re: Anything North of Freeport is Yankeytown...

I yield to the Senator from Trafficville. Why don't you move down here permanently? You better hurry. There's a rumor on the streets that they aren't making any more groceries you know. Southern food is in great demand down here and people are buying like it is going out of style. You could sell GA peaches for $10 each. You can make a killing. :)

BTW, we used to say anything north of Huntsville is Yankeytown. I guess you slipped in. And War Eagle you UGA lovin bullpup, but get it right will ya? It's not grits... it's Georgia ice cream.

I'm not whining that I missed the boat, my day will come. Some of this just sounds alot like a line from the Clint Eastwood flick "The Outlaw Josey Wales" (think that's the spelling). I would say to some of the realtors down here, "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Who burned you on a deal? :dunno:

Beach Dad

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2006
Re: Anything North of Freeport is Yankeytown...

I didn't get burned. Just venting about the general state of affairs.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
It is not just this area that is being affected by the Real Estate slump. The entire country is in the same dilemma. I just read an article saying that Venice Beach led the country with an 18% drop in the 4th quarter. Springfield, Illinois dropped off 16.2%. Everyone gets upset about Realtors touting the market turnaround. I don't think we have hit bottom yet, but I think we are close. Where is the bottom in your opinions? When is the market going to turn around? Please shed your mighty wisdom on us all.

Beach Dad

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2006
Re: I've grow tired of the real estate rhetoric...

I wouldn't argue that the daytraders didn't play a significant role. And I'm not smart enough to go research what % of the market their trades represented. I do know how many of my Physician clients were getting calls from broker reps trying to get them to get on board however. It was a daily event. You can't argue that realtors and/or brokers cannot or do not influence bad trends. I'm not buying.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
It is not just this area that is being affected by the Real Estate slump. The entire country is in the same dilemma. I just read an article saying that Venice Beach led the country with an 18% drop in the 4th quarter. Springfield, Illinois dropped off 16.2%. Everyone gets upset about Realtors touting the market turnaround. I don't think we have hit bottom yet, but I think we are close. Where is the bottom in your opinions? When is the market going to turn around? Please shed your mighty wisdom on us all.

We will only realize the bottom has been reached after hitting and then rebounding. That can be determined via objective data. More subjective signs that the bottom is behind us will be realtors no longer 'throwing-in' a Mercedes Benz with that new home purchase!:funn:

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
If I understand correctly the logic of the nattering nabobs of negativity (i.e. day traders), it is not to buy real estate in a buyer's market.

Depends on how long the buyers market lasts and how low it goes. You don't want to buy in the beginning of a buyers market if it's going to last 5 years and prices fall the entire time.

It was a buyers market last year at this time too. So, as prices have continued to fall, those buyers in a "buyers market" are now under water. the perfect time to buy is just as a buyers market is turning to a sellers market. Next best time would be in the early stages of a runup/sellers market (ie: SoWal in 2003).

Timing is everything.;-)