• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Dad

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2006
Josh,

You can't make your point without the insult? Where did I call you out personally? And while your at it, show me where I proclaimed myself as the all-wise one? That's a cheap shot.

Since I am so ignorant, why don't you impart the wisdom? I've driven by your personal home. It's nice and from the web shots, it is nicely furnished. Why hasn't it sold? Let me guess, it is due to real estate being down all over the country. I should have known. Could price have anything to do with it? Or maybe the abundant supply of houses for sale within 10 miles of your street? How does it feel to be stuck in the middle of a stagnant market?

I don't know when the bottom will come. And I'll make the best choice that I can personally and hope for the best. I just refuse to believe things aren't going to change in the next few months. There are too many signs (both literally and figuratively) that shouldn't be ignored.

I don't expect everybody to agree with me, nor did I ask for such in my posts. (I've got to learn how to post under the correct heading.)

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Josh,

You can't make your point without the insult? Where did I call you out personally? And while your at it, show me where I proclaimed myself as the all-wise one? That's a cheap shot.

Since I am so ignorant, why don't you impart the wisdom? I've driven by your personal home. It's nice and from the web shots, it is nicely furnished. Why hasn't it sold? Let me guess, it is due to real estate being down all over the country. I should have known. Could price have anything to do with it? Or maybe the abundant supply of houses for sale within 10 miles of your street? How does it feel to be stuck in the middle of a stagnant market?

I don't know when the bottom will come. And I'll make the best choice that I can personally and hope for the best. I just refuse to believe things aren't going to change in the next few months. There are too many signs (both literally and figuratively) that shouldn't be ignored.

I don't expect everybody to agree with me, nor did I ask for such in my posts. (I've got to learn how to post under the correct heading.)

Give 'em hell beach dad!:rotfl:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
A "Buyer's Market:" :cool:

An exchange on a November showing of FOX's Cavuto on Business, guest is Real Estate Diva Barbara Corcoran:

Neil Cavuto: If home prices slip will it lead to a housing bust or a major buying opportunity? Barbara Corcoran says a dip in home prices is a big buying opportunity! So, Barbara I don?t mean to be cynical but you?re in the business so you?re going to hype it all you can.

Barbara Corcoran: Well, no I?m not going to hype it all I can. I?m also a buyer in the business and a seller in the business. There?s so much uncertainty in the market right now that it really is a great time to buy. And I don?t think it?s going to last very long. Come January, everyone who doesn?t buy their house right now for the price they can afford is going to wish they had because they?re going to be paying more in January.

Jim Rogers: What?s going to make them go up in January?

Barbara Corcoran: In January you can set your watch to Super Bowl Sunday.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
A "Buyer's Market:" :cool:

An exchange on a November showing of FOX's Cavuto on Business, guest is Real Estate Diva Barbara Corcoran:

Barbara Corcoran: Well, no I’m not going to hype it all I can. I’m also a buyer in the business and a seller in the business. There’s so much uncertainty in the market right now that it really is a great time to buy. And I don’t think it’s going to last very long. Come January, everyone who doesn’t buy their house right now for the price they can afford is going to wish they had because they’re going to be paying more in January.

Jim Rogers: What’s going to make them go up in January?

Barbara Corcoran: In January you can set your watch to Super Bowl Sunday.

:eek:

Oh crap! Did I forget to mention that this interview was done in
NOVEMBER.........2005 (!)

:cool:

Last edited:
Re: Anything North of Freeport is Yankeytown...

I yield to the Senator from Trafficville. Why don't you move down here permanently? You better hurry. There's a rumor on the streets that they aren't making any more groceries you know. Southern food is in great demand down here and people are buying like it is going out of style. You could sell GA peaches for $10 each. You can make a killing. :)

BTW, we used to say anything north of Huntsville is Yankeytown. I guess you slipped in. And War Eagle you UGA lovin bullpup, but get it right will ya? It's not grits... it's Georgia ice cream.

Georgia Ice Cream? Where are you from?

I don't need to hurry down there permanently. My house cash flows just nicely, paying the mortgage, insurance, taxes and all my incidental expenses, even leaving me a little extra. I'm in no hurry, because I did my research and bought at the right time, for something that met my needs and even in a down market has exceeded my expectations in a return on investment. I get to come down with my family and enjoy the wonderful area.

full time

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2006
"the perfect time to buy is just as a buyers market is turning to a sellers market."

Very insightful - you must have slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night with Shelly.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
"the perfect time to buy is just as a buyers market is turning to a sellers market."

Very insightful - you must have slept in a Holiday Inn Express last night with Shelly.

.......smoked my last cigarette and didn't even leave cabfare on the nightstand as promised!! :sosad:

Beach Dad

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2006
Re: Anything North of Freeport is Yankeytown...

Sounds like a great situation that has worked out well for you. Also sounds like your research payed off. I couldn't agree with you more about it being a wonderful area.

I grew up in Bham and heard that Georgia ice cream comment a long time ago. Thought I would pull your leg a bit.