• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I recommend using a 4 cup (or larger) clear plastic measuring cup. That way you can mix them and pour right into the little cups. You will also need another smaller measuring cup for the liquor. For all the recipes, I use the small packages of Jello. Start with 1 cup of boiling water in the large measuring cup; add the Jello and stir until it?s all dissolved. Then add the liquor and pour into cups. Refrigerate & serve (takes about 4 hours for them to set.) Each batch makes approximately 20 shots (if you use the smaller 1 oz. plastic cups. I think I bought a case of them at Gordon Food Service a while back. They probably have something similar at Costco or Sam's Club.)

Basic Shots:
Any flavor jello (watermelon, orange & berry blue, etc.)
1 cup vodka

Pina Colada:
Pineapple Jello
1 cup coconut rum (Malibu, Parrot Bay, etc.)

Margarita:
Margarita Jello (or lime - can't always find the margarita flavor. Or you can make a double batch using 1 package each of lime and lemon.)
? cup tequilla
? cup Grand Marnier, Cointreau or triple sec

Cosmopolitan:
Cranberry Jello
? cup citrus vodka
? cup Grand Marnier, Cointreau or triple sec

Strawberry Daiquiri:
Strawberry Jello
1 cup dark rum

Sex on the Beach:
Peach Jello
1/3 cup Chambord
1/3 cup Coconut Rum
1/3 cup Midori melon liqueur

Rum Runner:
Strawberry Banana Jello
1/3 cup blackberry brandy
1/3 cup Captain Morgan or Myers Rum
1/3 cup Bacardi 151 Rum
(You can add a few drops of blue food color to make it more purple ? then you can tell it apart from the Cosmo?s.)

Kiddie Jello Shots:
Mix any flavor according to package directions and pour into little cups. Set aside carefully and try not to mix up with the grown-up shots. Do not fall for Lil Pea's or Grayton Kid trying to tell you that there is liquor in them. :blush:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Linda, didn't you post these before? I think I printed them out? Now WHERE did I put them? Thanks (in case I've lost my mind--and the recipes!)

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
destindreamin said:
Linda, didn't you post these before? I think I printed them out? Now WHERE did I put them? Thanks (in case I've lost my mind--and the recipes!)

I don't think I posted them, but I probably sent a few people the recipes in a Word doc.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
lindabobhat said:
I don't think I posted them, but I probably sent a few people the recipes in a Word doc.

I don't remember, but I did print them out. I just found them! They sound wonderful!!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I have a question. Since the only times I have ever done Jello-shots they were made in one of those aluminum pans and were not in those little plastic cups. So, I just used a spoon and ate the whole dam* pan. (Not a good idea by the way). Anyway, does the jello come out on it's own, or you do you have to squeeze the cup to get it to come out? :dunno:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
kathydwells said:
I have a question. Since the only times I have ever done Jello-shots they were made in one of those aluminum pans and were not in those little plastic cups. So, I just used a spoon and ate the whole dam* pan. (Not a good idea by the way). Anyway, does the jello come out on it's own, or you do you have to squeeze the cup to get it to come out? :dunno:

Only you KD, only you! :love::lolabove::funn:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
kathydwells said:

If the shot glass is the right size, you can put on quite a show getting the jello out with your tongue. :rotfl:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
jdarg said:
If the shot glass is the right size, you can put on quite a show getting the jello out with your tongue. :rotfl:

You just gave me a great idea Jen-ay. ;-)

My girlfriend makes a drink, and here is the recipe and how you drink it.

Add Kahlua and Bailey's to shot glass, garnish with whipped cream. You cannot use your hands while you shoot this. You must bend over, put shot glass in mouth, tilt head back and down it.

Anyone want to guess the name of this?