• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

oberger

Beach Comber
Mar 18, 2008
Does anyone know if there are Jet Ski rentals in South Walton. If not, where is the closest place to rent? Thomas Drive? Destin?
Thx.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Does anyone know if there are Jet Ski rentals in South Walton. If not, where is the closest place to rent? Thomas Drive? Destin?
Thx.

PCB and Destin.......Destin is the most dangerous area of the two. you are competing with fishing boats in the harbor. None in Sowal that I am aware of, they are not very popular here. Caution; if you want to get jet ski's for a kid younger than 16....DON'T. People get killed every year and it's usually a young teen.

oberger

Beach Comber
Mar 18, 2008
Thanks for your reply. I didn't think there were any in SoWal but we have someone renting our house that is interested.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There is no rental company in SoWal, they could bring there own, but I'm kinda wondering why there are none in SoWal. It could be a code issue, SJ what's your take on this?

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Sep 12, 2006
Last year you could rent them at the bait shop on the freeport side of the 331 bridge for cruising in the bay.

Truffle Anne

Beach Fanatic
Jan 29, 2008
Dune Allen
Last year you could rent them at the bait shop on the freeport side of the 331 bridge for cruising in the bay.
Yep! Nice ride, there. No crowds, just peaceful open bay!

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
They (jet ski) are not allowed on SoWal coastal dune lakes. This includes the outfall area near the beach. Your renters would need to know thats all the lakes along 30A. Kayaks, row boats, sail boats, canoes are available for rent from a number of vendors along 30A.

BDP

Beach Comber
Jun 8, 2007
I pass by that place and have not seen any skis or the powerboat they rented last year although they may be waiting for summer tourist season. I will ask around.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
There is no rental company in SoWal, they could bring there own, but I'm kinda wondering why there are none in SoWal. It could be a code issue, SJ what's your take on this?

No access to launch the jet propelled personal watercraft. Not allowed to do so at Grayton, and that really is the only place you could, other than one of the Coastal Dune Lakes, when the outflow is open, but as mentioned by someone else, no jet propelled engines are allowed on the Dune Lakes.

I guess they didn't really like the idea of falling into 4' deep water at 50 mph.

I pass by that place and have not seen any skis or the powerboat they rented last year although they may be waiting for summer tourist season. I will ask around.
Looks like they replaced the jet skis rentals with another profitable idea -- target shooting. I kid you not -- every Saturday.

I'm pretty sure you can rent jet skis in Miramar, which is technically in South Walton, but not what most of us refer to as SoWal, being the length of 30A, south of the Bay.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Looks like they replaced the jet skis rentals with another profitable idea -- target shooting. I kid you not -- every Saturday.

I

Don't forget the 10 am Turkey Shoot on Saturdays.

And I love the target range right next to 331.